Dinner Wednesday 10th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Something with minced beef, not sure yet. I'm tired of the usual pasta with meat sauce so maybe I'll have a look around for a new recipe idea :)

Something with chicken. Either chicken nuggets or mushroom swiss chicken and rice. Have to see what I have in the freezer first. Salads to go with and maybe some broccoli.

I'm in the middle of making hamburger onion pie. The first piece will be lunch and dinner will probably be another.

Flounder, roasted herbed baby red potatoes and spinach salad. I'm still not sure exactly how I want to prepare the flounder filets though. I don't have very much experience with fish...

I am going to drop 15 lbs, so I will be cuttin out wheat products most days and eating a lot of lean meats, veggies and using my Champion juicer, along with stepping up my daily exercise. Soooo, tonight is steamed green beans and cauliflour, with some beet/carrot juice. I already had eggs today.

Goulash!

205945_1883410973875_1499378782_1566163_762642_n.jpg

After four days of pulled chicken or pulled pork BBQ, I had enough. Went to the store to get some ground beef that was on sale and found the butcher putting out marked-down Porterhouse and rib-eye steaks.

Sooo tonight will be grilled steak, onions, and peppers with pasta and potato salad.

Snip, that's called goulash in some areas and American chop suey in others. It's one of those regional things. It's just not called Hungarian goulash (gulyas), which is the traditional version you are probably more close to making, with cubed meat and lots of paprika. This type of goulash is really nothing more than pasta cooked in meat sauce. Lifesaver has the two most important things though... which means like mom used to make, lol... shell pasta and green peppers! We even had goulash day on the school menu, they used elbow macaroni though.

Snip, that's called goulash in some areas and American chop suey in others. It's one of those regional things. It's just not called Hungarian goulash (gulyas), which is the traditional version you are probably more close to making, with cubed meat and lots of paprika. This type of goulash is really nothing more than pasta cooked in meat sauce. Lifesaver has the two most important things though... which means like mom used to make, lol... shell pasta and green peppers! We even had goulash day on the school menu, they used elbow macaroni though.

Thanks P :)
I've learned something new today :LOL:
It's mind boggling just posting a recipe! I have to remember to type ketchup instead of tomato sauce, cilantro instead of coriander, minced or ground beef instead of just mince, fries instead of chips, kebabs instead of sosaties, ounces instead of grams!!!! :ohmy:

sweet and sour chicken with leftover white meat chicken. oriental noodles of some kind. have two or three kinds. ice cream for dessert.

had the great granddaughters again today. still have to clean up the mess, but it is a fun mess. i am however pooped. so no real cooking today.

For us it's Shrimp salad with big big shrimp, celery, green onions, crumbled bacon, dump on baby spinach with garlic, some butter lettuce, mix Dijon, evoo, sherry vinegar, evoo sprinkle with salt and crushed black pepper will make the dressing hot and then pour over the salad and will ad some home made crutons browned in butter. More bread and butter and grilled corn.
kades

No, my mom never made it... I got the idea from an aunt from my fathers side of the family when she made some for me when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I have loved it ever since. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom