Dinner, Wednesday 11th March.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyshiepoo

Senior Cook
At work so had nuked leftovers. I'm not sure what it was as the writing had rubbed off the container in the freezer. It was chicken with some onions, tomato and spices. I added some rice from my stash in my locker.

Leftovers. I think we have enough leftover Chinese from last night for a while, plus there is one tiny portion each of pulled pork and tortellini soup. So those tonight, plus a bit of the Chinese.

Wyshiepoo, it's a happy meal when the mystery meat turns out to be something yummy! I've pulled a number of "what is THIS?" out of our freezer too.

One of my favorite sayings on your desk, Wyshie! Years ago I wood burned a sign, "The floggings will continue until morale improves."

We have tuna subs left over from lunch here.

I'm working on a recipe which includes a Bleu Cheese sauce, asparagua and palm hearts.

I also have a container of chuck roast with incredible gravy and veggies.

It's up in the air which I will eat. Maybe some of both.

I suspect we will be ordering food. Stirling pooped himself out yesterday making the Danish pork meatloaf and I don't think he is up for cooking today.

...I'll finish the last of the pooris we made on Sunday. Her version uses a slightly different spices and includes adding methi. I love methi. I think I have some in the freezer...otherwise, I'll use spinach or kale instead of methi.
CWS I was unfamiliar with the term "methi", so I checked with Google to see what she said. Am I right in understanding that "methi" is the leafy state of fenugreek? Or, as our son would put it: methi is to fenugreek as cilantro is to coriander. Except he uses the math symbols for the "is to". :rolleyes:

Waddle waddle. I got home late. We made it Tacos Wednesday today. A day late for Tacos Tuesday, but then, we had to grill the chicken for tonight's tacos yesterday. Besides tossing grilled & shredded chicken in taco seasoning mix and allowing it to rest for 24/hrs (is this a form of marinade or dry rub?) and heating it all up, The Chicken Got Crispy on the Edges like Carnitas might fry up on a cast iron griddle. We made 'em American- Mexican style, Hard shell tortillas, shredded cheese, diced tomato, sliced avocados, romaine sliced in ribbons not shredded, Herdeze medium salsa.

You already know the answer to this meal. It looks beautiful. It is indeed a perfect mess after the first bite.

If I had to say, this is a budget style meal without trying to make it so.

If I had to say, I think I have not made Crisp Tortilla Shells in ohh-- maybe a year. We mostly make taco salads minus tortillas or prefer soft shell tacos.

If I had to say, this is pretty diet-ticious too, a spoonful of this and everything, doesn't seem like it adds up to much. I ate three.

Last edited:
CWS I was unfamiliar with the term "methi", so I checked with Google to see what she said. Am I right in understanding that "methi" is the leafy state of fenugreek? Or, as our son would put it: methi is to fenugreek as cilantro is to coriander. Except he uses the math symbols for the "is to". :rolleyes:
Yup. Love it. It does not taste like fenugreek seeds. Sort of tastes like spinach, but not. I can't get it fresh (and have had no luck growing fenugreek), but it is sold frozen in Indian markets and is labeled "Methi."

Thanks, CWS. I'll have to keep my eyes open whenever we explore a new grocery store. I'm always up to trying something once Well, anything "vegetable". There are certain crawly things that kinda creep me out just reading about them *shudder*

Back
Top Bottom