Dinner Wednesday, 12-4-2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Thought I'd start the dinner thread
Before I headed off to bed.

I already know what I'm making for supper tonight. Creating new leftovers! I have a small ham in the 'fridge. Will throw that into the oven along with a tray of broccoli/cauliflower/baby carrots to roast, another with some tiny red beets, and a few russet potatoes while I have the oven going. Might even toss in the spaghetti squash to bake, if I have room.

What's your game plan for tonight?

probably looking at a new batch of guacomole, but the weather has turned very windy and cold and I have time to start a soup, but I'll end up doing the guacomole. Wait a minute, I've got soup in the freezer, think I will pull that for tomorrow night.

I've got a seared chuck roast in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. I just got back into the house after taking my pup for a jaunt out back and the house is starting to smell like something's cooking...

It's Wednesday Dinner with Friends Night! On the first Wednesday of the month, we're going to new restaurants and tonight it's Rajput for Indian. Not one of my favorite cuisines, but I'll find something. Maybe simple butter chicken. DH can eat leftover turkey soup.

Got a pot of Brunswick stew on the stove. Will grill up some ham and cheese sandwiches with it when DH gets home.

Tuna casserole made with Kadesma-inspired mushroom soup. Turned out really good!

Last edited:
I didn't remember to take anything out of the freezer, so we're ordering out. Stirling ordered a "Mexican Philly Cheese sub" :ermm: and I ordered the crispy coated wings.

Pepperoni Pizza
39817-albums960-picture5759.jpg

Got busy doing Christmas-y things and looked at the clock too late. :neutral: Tonight's planned dinner will be tomorrow's dinner. Meanwhile we finished the last of the turkey and stuffing from Saturday, and disappeared most of the rotini and homemade meat sauce. The green beans were fresh-cooked from their raw state, so I have that to my credit. To get ahead I already scrubbed the potatoes and beets for roasting tomorrow, and I might prep the broc/cauli/carrots later.

Tonight we had leftover leftovers - which were originally made from... you guessed it... leftovers. :LOL:

I think the Thanksgiving leftovers are finally done. I'm ready for something new tomorrow.

Lol Steve!

We had leftover,leftover, leftovers too!
I put the last of the stuffing in the bottom of a casserole, put pieces of turkey over that , topped that with some gravy and then a layer of frozen mixed veg(thawed)and a little more gravy and finished with some mashed redskin potatoes. Popped in the oven to heat through. Served with steamed Brussels sprouts (not leftover) and Harvard beets that were leftover from a couple of nights ago. I think I have just about had my fill if TDay food too maybe what turkey is left will have to stay in the freezer until soup making time =\

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom