Dinner Wednesday 12th June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was so tired when I went to the store yesterday, practically asleep on my feet. I remember looking at a bunch of pkgs of steaks. It will be a surprise what cut it is when I pull it out of the frig tonight. At least I put the groceries away correctly when I got home, that is ice cream to freezer, bread in the bread drawer and not vice versa. LOL.

I think a baked potato and I might stir up a little horseradish sour cream too. And it appears I picked up a good selection of frozen veggies as well.

I have no idea why I keep doing this. I make a nice marinara sauce, put the leftover sauce in a cottage cheese container, carefully label it, and totally bury it in the dark recesses of the fridge. I think it's still good.

So we will have shrimp (previously cooked and frozen) in marinara, along with some rescued and reconstituted asparagus.

I think we will be employing the store bought rotisserie chicken maneuver. Either a pot pie or a chicken and stuffing casserole of some sort.

Turns out I bought a nice looking but rather large NY strip steak. I think I will save it and make grlled sliced steak when DxW comes for dinner later this week.

Soooo tonight it's nathan's hot dogs, Chicago style. I have famous dave's spicy hot dog relish instead of glow in the dark green relish that is normally called for, diced onion, sliced pickled jalapenos, tomatoes dill pickles, a stripe each ball park mustard and german mustard and a sprinkle of celery salt to hold it all together in case my hands can't hold it all. Sounds messy. Looks tasty.

Attachments

• chicago-hot-dog.jpg
    chicago-hot-dog.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 213
If I ever get through with the prep work, we're having vegetarian lasagne. Man, is it tedious! ...but delicious.

It's time to clear the fridge...

Same plan here since I went shopping and have to make room! Himself is trying to finish last night's leftover spaghetti with some of the long-ago leftover roasted grape tomato sauce (it's full of acid so it must be OK, right?) to make it saucier. Made salads for both of us but mine is a huge dinner salad. Finished off the chicken white meat, a few slices leftover lunch meat ham, and half an avocado. Lots more stuff in my salad but they weren't officially leftovers.

Next couple days here are supposed to be chilly. Won't be having much in the way of salads then. ;)

By the time I ended up at the supermarket I completely changed my mind. I have a beef stew slow cooking in the oven. A crusty french loaf for dipping. I got the rotisserie chicken as well. I'll just use it for the next meal.

Unless I change my mind again. :rolleyes:

We had a Blackened Steak Salad.

The blackening process.

Steaks with seasoning

36788-albums799-picture5548.jpg

Melted butter for dipping the seasoned steaks

36788-albums799-picture5544.jpg

CI pan at white hot stage

36788-albums799-picture5550.jpg

Steaks on first side

36788-albums799-picture5545.jpg

Steaks on second side

36788-albums799-picture5547.jpg

Steaks resting

36788-albums799-picture5546.jpg

One sliced

36788-albums799-picture5549.jpg

I had dinner out with friends and ordered a couple of pulled pork sliders with coleslaw and hot sauce. Yummy with a couple half-price glasses of white Zinfandel.

I had dinner out with friends and ordered a couple of pulled pork sliders with coleslaw and hot sauce. Yummy with a couple half-price glasses of white Zinfandel.

Half price? Why, doesn't that mean you have to have two since you were planning on spending so many $$ in the first place? :whistling

Craig, that looks absolutely mouth-watering! Also looks like we would have to put up with our smoke alarm going off for about 10-15 minutes... :(

Thanks! It is a strictly outside process as only the jet cooker I use for crawfish boils can get that CI pan hot enough!;) Plus, the fumes from that spice rub hitting the searing heat of that pan is deadly.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom