Dinner Wednesday 13th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang! Thought I would be you to it today lol!

I'm making lamb curry with samp and steamed gemsquash on the side.

Sure your dinner will be lovely Kylie but I won't comment. It's chicken. The creamy pesto sounds good!

Unfortunately, I came home from work last night and fell on the ice, fracturing my ankle in three places. :(

So I probably won't be doing much cooking for the next 6 to 8 weeks. Which kinda sucks.

So tonight will be takeout of some sort.

Last edited:
Now, ladies, you don't have to fight about it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At the moment, I have planned turkey breast cutlets, which I will bread with my gluten-free panko crumbs (crushed brown rice cakes). I use goat yogurt mixed with some mustard as the "egg mixture" to hold the crumbs. You would never know it was not a normal panko coating if I didn't tell you! ;)

I picked up some pancetta on sale and will make a bit of a gravy with it and some gluten free flour, chicken stock and fresh herbs.

I will have brown rice, TB will have mashed potatoes and I am not sure what the vegetable will be yet. I have 14 hours to decide! :)

Unfortunately, I came home from work last night and fell on the ice, fracturing my ankle in three places. :(

So I probably won't be doing much cooking for the next 6 to 8 weeks. Which kinda sucks.

Steve, I am so sorry to hear this. Please do take care of yourself. Will they have to do surgery? I wish I lived close by as I would love to make some care packages! :(

I hope you get to spend some time here so we can cheer you up.

Hope you feel better soon Steve. It's not easy getting around without both feet!

I'll still be making dinner as planned for hubby and kids. I'll be having steamed carrots, beetroot, zucchini, spinach, sweet potato and gems.

Steve, that is no good at all :(

Rest up!

Dang! Thought I would be you to it today lol!

I'm making lamb curry with samp and steamed gemsquash on the side.

Sure your dinner will be lovely Kylie but I won't comment. It's chicken. The creamy pesto sounds good!

Yum, lamb curry...delicious!

Steve, I am so sorry to hear this. Please do take care of yourself. Will they have to do surgery? I wish I lived close by as I would love to make some care packages! :(

I hope you get to spend some time here so we can cheer you up.
Laurie, I have to go back in on Friday for an assessment, at which time they will decide if surgery is needed or not. The attending physician tonight seemed to think the two main breaks were clean (the third was just a hairline fracture) and that it would heal just fine without surgery. We'll see what the orthopedic guy says. Fingers crossed.

I'll be hanging around and contributing regardless. :)

What elements Steve faces yesterday. :ohmy: We had snow. It got warm. It rained. The temperature dropped same day and a bucket of snow fell. Everything Froze. Like an ice skating rink. Yesterday, the sun came out, it warmed up again and there was surface melting. Then the temp drops and everything freezes again. Treacherous.

In our neck of the woods it is appropriate to bring a casserole or a cake or some bake goods over to the infirm. I am staying indoors where it is safe. Steve, you can choose your favorite flavor e-cookies. ;) Here's a poem to wish you well and heal fast. Does it relate to the situation. No. Just something to brighten your day...:)

The Snowball by Shel Silverstein

I made myself a snowball
As perfect as can be
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me

I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head
Then last night it ran away
But first it wet my bed

Wow! That is serious stuff. So sorry to hear about that. Take care and give yourself time. Don't rush things, man. Once you get that thing secured and in some sort of a cast you will be up and cooking in no time. Just watch the baking...it can accumulate on us older guys.....:LOL:

Get well soon

Ouch. A broken ankle. That stinks.

Undecided yet for tonight. Lasagna for lunch, so maybe I will end up skipping dinner.

I start a new assignment this afternoon so we may just partake of the yummies in the fridge. There's pizza, mac and cheese, ham, scalloped potatoes and all the salad fixings.

ahhh, something just came to mind for dinner!
I was watching this program last night called Bacon USA or something and they made this cheeseburger with bacon on it and chunky peanut butter. They said something about bacon and peanut butter complimenting each other well. I aim to find out :yum:

I knew it looked like a winner!
And the past few weeks I've been on a peanut butter sandwich kick anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom