Dinner Wednesday 14th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've taken some tenderised steak out of the freezer and cut it into thin strips. Made some rice but I'm not sure what I'm doing with the steak strips yet.
Don't have much choice. I've got stir fry veggies so maybe a beef strir fry.

Snip, we had pepperoni, mozerella cheese, capsicum (bell peppers), mushrooms, cabonosi and onion :)

Snip, we had pepperoni, mozerella cheese, capsicum (bell peppers), mushrooms, cabonosi and onion :)

I love cabanossi, one of my favourite sausages!
I like mushrooms, asparagus, shrimp, always mozzarella, arthichoke hearts, pesto, anchovies, bacon, spinach, tomato, chillies etc on pizza. Not all at once though :LOL:
Your pizza sounds good! I can't eat to many peppers though, they give me stomach ache.

I've finally decided.
I'll make stir fried beef, carrots, tender stem broccoli, peppers, zucchini, and some added chunks of pineapple. I'll make a soy based sauce with chillies and I'm adding strips of crispy fried egg. Feel like trying something new lol!
I'll serve it with fluffy white rice :) Wish me luck!

Kayelle's post yesterday about barbacoa got me craving some barbacoa so I am making...........................................................................barbacoa.
Started it at 6am. Should be ready by 3pm. Dinner at 7pm.
w/rice/beans/tortillas/guacamole

I'm roasting the last of my tomatoes with some onions and garlic right now. I'll buzz those up into a lovely sauce and serve with some pasta and garlic bread.

I have chicken breasts thawing, but I'm not sure yet what I will do with them. It is starting to look like Old Mother Hubbard's around here, so not a lot of choices. Maybe oven-fried or cooked in chicken broth with some vegetables.

I have chicken breasts thawing, but I'm not sure yet what I will do with them. It is starting to look like Old Mother Hubbard's around here, so not a lot of choices. Maybe oven-fried or cooked in chicken broth with some vegetables.

How about a balsamic vinegar and honey glaze and some steamed veggies on the side?
Healthy and good.

Another cheap and easy recipe is pancakes filled with chicken mayonnaise.

Or you could cut them into strips and bread them and serve with a dip and some veggies on the side.

Last edited:
I started a crock pot of ham and beans this morning. Great Northern beans, ham bone, cubed leftover ham pieces. It'll cook all day then just before serving I'll make some cornbread. I love to slice my cornbread, butter it, add maple syrup then spoon the ham and beans on top with a dollop of ketchup. I know. Sounds strange but oh, so good.

I think I'll use some chicken and sundried tomato sausage with some vodka sauce over pasta and a salad. I use a recipe where you bake the vodka sauce, slow and low, for three hours. Really nice depth of flavor. That will keep us going for the next two dinners.

Salmon croquettes/patties.

Avocado & Tomato Salad - w/ vine-ripened tomatoes, slices of red Italian flat onion, over torn Romaine w/ red wine vinaigrette dressing.

How about a balsamic vinegar and honey glaze and some steamed veggies on the side?
Healthy and good.

Another cheap and easy recipe is pancakes filled with chicken mayonnaise.

Or you could cut them into strips and bread them and serve with a dip and some veggies on the side.
If I don't try that tonight, I will definitely try it soon! It does sound good.

If I don't try that tonight, I will definitely try it soon! It does sound good.

Always happy to help :) I used to love chicken, now I can't stand it but I still know what to do with it lol!

I know what to do with a bare pantry too, if you ever need good budget recipes just shout! I've been making due with a quarter of my food budget for over a year now.

Back
Top Bottom