Dinner Wednesday 15th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damn, i was just gonna try to beat you to it. :neutral:

we're having my broiled buffalo wings tonight. i defrosted a big load the other day, so i may do some on the broiler, some on the grill.
hopefully with pics.

Last edited:
damn, i was just gonna try to beat you to it. :neutral:

we're having my broiled buffalo wings tonight. i defrosted a big load the other day, so i may do some on the broiler, some on the grill.
hopefully with pics.

:LOL: :LOL:

We have dinner earlier than you Tom...but if you like...I will hold off until after we have our dinner and you can start the thread tomorrow :)

no, no. thanks kylie, you post at will.

i'm working on getting the earth to spin the other way in the meantime.

Whoaaaa nellie:ohmy:

I just put together a layered mexican dip with all store bought products. I guessed wrong as to which was hotter, the mild or medium salsa:huh:. Mouth is burning a bit, can't imagine what the hot salsa is like. Hoping the other ingredients tame down the salsa layer. This is for the mexican themed pot luck tonight...mostly salads on the menu so far.

It's dinner with friends night, so I'll be out at our favorite pub tonight. DH is on his own. Our exchange student went to DC with a friend for the day and will be back after dinnertime.

The freezer and cupboards here are kind of bare. Just did a quick trip to the store last weekend to pick up a few things. Getting low on proteins. Found a bag of pork BBQ in the freezer. Put it in the roaster frozen and set it in the oven. In a bit, I'll throw together some corn pudding and call it supper.

Whoaaaa nellie:ohmy:

I just put together a layered mexican dip with all store bought products. I guessed wrong as to which was hotter, the mild or medium salsa:huh:. Mouth is burning a bit, can't imagine what the hot salsa is like. Hoping the other ingredients tame down the salsa layer. This is for the mexican themed pot luck tonight...mostly salads on the menu so far.
The hot stuff should go well with cheese quesadillas.

A couple of 6 ounce burgers on toasted sesame buns with a mayo-horseradish-chopped onion-catsup sauce; potato salad and Sam Adams Boston Ale.

Something in common. Our dinner will include a Sam Adams also. In my case it is a Boston Lager. That is where the similarity ends. I'll be grilling chicken wings for dinner along with a salad.

I'm hoping to smoke some salmon with my stove-top smoker to be served with salad.

That sounds delicious Laurie :yum:

Sorry to disappoint you, Kylie ;). I wasn't able to get the smoker on so we had gluten-free Polish dogs on gluten-free buns with our super slaw salad we get from Costco and Orange Club Soda spritzers!

Hopefully the fish will be tomorrow.

I'm going to make Kylie Chicken - I mean Butter Chicken.:LOL:

I'm thinking of trading out the heavy cream for some coconut milk but I'm kind of scared to try it. Any thoughts? We have to eat it for two nights so I'm worried.

What's for supper tonight?!

I'm going to grill some potatoes and bacon wrapped, stuffed mushrooms. I also made up a cucumber, vidalia onion, mayo and sour cream salad. :yum:

Mrs. K went out to happy hour with coworkers and daughter is at work. Not feeling particularly chefy tonight and being that it was just me, I opted for leftovers and a salad.

I'm going to make Kylie Chicken - I mean Butter Chicken.:LOL:

I'm thinking of trading out the heavy cream for some coconut milk but I'm kind of scared to try it. Any thoughts? We have to eat it for two nights so I'm worried.

Go for it! Coconut milk has a fairly light coconut flavor and goes well with Indian and Asian dishes. DH doesn't like coconut by itself but likes curries made with coconut milk.

Go for it! Coconut milk has a fairly light coconut flavor and goes well with Indian and Asian dishes. DH doesn't like coconut by itself but likes curries made with coconut milk.

I thought so too, GG. Mmyap, bet it would be great!

Dunno. Just snacking around the fridge, not really hungry either. Going through Survivor withdrawals.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom