Dinner Wednesday 17th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pro's are coming in to clean the carpets meaning me and the dogs. :LOL:

So something in the crock pot.. Who knows.

Moussaka made with pork instead of lamb, with tzatziki and spicy tomato sauce.:yum:

I picked up about 5 lbs of 4 oz cryovac packages of yellowfin tuna steaks that were on sale (with a coupon) @ $3.99 lb. So, some near future dinners will feature tuna.:yum:

I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight. Will probably get pulled pork sliders and onion rings. DH is on his own. I'll let you know if he survives the dreaded poisonous processed food: frozen crinkle-cut fries and fish patties on store-bought squishy white-bread buns. With store-bought tartar sauce. Since I won't be here to make it, chances are it won't include a leaf of romaine, but will probably include a slice of non-artisan cheddar cheese.

We went to La Porte Grecque. Stirling had the shish kebab and I had the bacon wrapped scallops. Omnomnom. That was really good. I had an appetizer of tzatziki and it wasn't like a sauce. It was more like a mousse and it kept its shape - really, really tasty. Stirling had baklava for dessert and I had 1/2 a piece of carrot cake cheese cake. Both were excellent. I brought the other 1/2 piece of my dessert home. I didn't go to this resto for a long time because I had gone with a large group of friends and they don't do groups well. But, this is our second time not in a group and the food has been excellent.

Sounds like a great dinner out Taxi!

The lazy bug bit me so I made a really easy tuna casserole Himself had in his College Kids cookbook. And if it's easy enough for a college boy to do, it's easy enough for me to do in my sleep.

Kitty was happy to get a few bites of tuna too, so we were all happy.

I winged it last night, with amazing results:

Alfredo penne pasta with roasted mushrooms and eggplant.

I sliced the eggplant and mushrooms, then shook them in a bag with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, then baked @350 for 15 minutes.

I have never had mushrooms that were so good. I even made a second batch of them so I'd have extra mushrooms with today's leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom