Dinner Wednesday 19th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We WILL have the steaks tonight, darnit! Got them (and the corn) on Sunday! If strange rain pops up over our patio I'll just grill them on my Lodge grill pan after I hand a pair of earplugs to Himself. Small salads since I'm near the end of anything green and leafy and have to shop tomorrow. Hope the corn isn't too starchy. Might foil-bake potato slices on the grill - then again, the corn might be enough starch. Maybe green beans instead. With bacon. ;) And, of course, mushrooms.

I'm so slow with my food prep I think I'd better start fixing supper now! :ermm:

I have some steak strips (as opposed to strip steaks) that were sliced thing for stir fry but we'll use them in sandwiches instead kind of like philly steak sandwiches. Salads on the side. I also have some tostitos and oklahoma caviar that DH will like.

Corn soup and grilled gruyere cheese sandwiches on the Mouse's Epcot cheesebread. Fresh baked of course.:yum:

Is it the 19th already? It seems like just two days ago we were talking about yesterday's dinner...

I'm going to have seared sea scallops and sugar snap peas. I bought some crimini mushrooms I was going to stuff with sausage, wrap with bacon and throw on the grill, but I forgot the sausage :wacko: Maybe I've got a couple pieces in the freezer I hope. If not maybe I'll throw a steak on the grill for my meat fix... or maybe I will anyway. All I'm sure of is the scallops and snap peas at this point.

Glad you reminded me of a pork tenderloin in the freezer, Andy. I have it cut up in chunks and marinating in Lawry's new Hawaiian marinade. That's good stuff, by the way. I'll do some kabobs on the grill with the tenderloin chunks, bell peppers, onions, and chunks of portabella mushrooms. Steamed rice for Steve, but I'll pass. Wish I had some fresh pineapple to grill.

Last edited:
Glad you reminded me of a pork tenderloin in the freezer, Andy. I have it cut up in chunks and marinating in Lawry's new Hawaiian marinade. That's good stuff, by the way. I'll do some kabobs on the grill with the tenderloin chunks, bell peppers, onions, and chunks of portabella mushrooms. Steamed rice for Steve, but I'll pass. Wish I had some fresh pineapple to grill.

Glad you reminded me about Andy reminding you about pork tenderloin, Kayelle, that may need to happen tomorrow!

Pizza burgers with marinara and extra onions tonight, potato salad and something green here.

For what it's worth, I bought a pork loin today... but it ain't goin' on the grill...

Potato pancakes & some sandwich's
39817-albums933-picture5554.jpg

My dinner tonight: sous vide rib eye steak (final saute in foaming butter), steamed asparagus acquainted with the same butter, brown rice tossed with sliced green onions, and a Caesar salad preceding.

It's my first dinner on my new Sous Vide!!! :D

My dinner tonight: sous vide rib eye steak (final saute in foaming butter), steamed asparagus acquainted with the same butter, brown rice tossed with sliced green onions, and a Caesar salad preceding.

It's my first dinner on my new Sous Vide!!! :D

We'll need pictures.

I had leftovers from the homemade creamy mac and cheese my neighbour lovingly made for me after my tooth extraction. It is so yummy! :)

I have to stay on soft foods for a few days and tomorrow my MIL is making me potato pancakes with bratwurst. She said if I cut the meat up real small it should be fine because it is soft and doesn't crumble like loose meat.

I could get used to being spoiled like this! :angel:

Here's dinner tonight from the grill. Steve went and found me a nice pineapple to grill too. I really had to scrub the grilling basket for the first of the season veggies, but they were just stellar with the pork cubes. Our new favorite California Butternut Chardonnay was the topper.
Life is good, and healthy too. :chef:
img_1276069_0_10a0221fddb7565e4e9516d5bc827408.jpg

Last edited:
Here's dinner tonight from the grill. Steve went and found me a nice pineapple to grill too. I really had to scrub the grilling basket for the first of the season veggies, but they were just stellar with the pork cubes. Our new favorite California Butternut Chardonnay was the topper.
Life is good, and healthy too. :chef:
img_1276090_0_10a0221fddb7565e4e9516d5bc827408.jpg

Very nice Kayelle :chef:

Back
Top Bottom