"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #11
Master Chef
Hope to see pics of your new cabinets Kay, and have fun with baby Cheyenne.

CG, what is Sylvia's Secret Seasoning? Unless it's a secret.

Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:52 PM   #12
Master Chef
Ack, Cheryl! I had hunted down the website so I could put the link in my post, then forgot. *smacks head* Here ya go: Sylvia's Spices

I've found it in the local grocery stores around here, although I did notice a link on the site if you want to order it directly. I think it's good, but probably not mail-order good.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #13
Head Chef
Pan-seared Caribbean lobster medallions over a bed of saffron-glazed Yukon Gold potatoes, arugula, and a blood orange/Meyer lemon salsa.

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I try to make sure I have a package in the freezer, handy for when the whim (or a planned meal) occurs. I guess that means we like them! We do like our tuna kinda well-done, and I use a liberal hand with a seasoning blend I like for it. I use Sylvia's Secret Seasoning, plus a few twists from my pepper-and-salt mill. Sometimes I'll squeeze a bit of lemon juice on it once I plate it, sometimes not.
I am with you CG. I will take a small piece of fresh tuna, cook it to well done with sautéing and pour a small amount of olive oil over it. Let it marinate overnight. By then the piece has absorbed most of the oil. I pour off the excess. I then make an awesome tuna salad with diced celery, finely diced Vidalia Onion and seasonings. I have a small FP that cuts things like celery and onions so small they are almost liquefied. I have difficulty with raw vegetables. So in order to eat them, they have to be really finely diced. And for those that hate onions, or celery, they don't even know they are eating them.

They can keep their raw tuna just seared on the outside. Because of the high mercury in tuna, I don't eat it too often. And I don't buy the albacore steak ever. They have the highest mercury levels.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote

dinner, fish