Dinner Wednesday, 2-8-2017 ~ What's your mid-week tummy tickler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I made LOTS of soup. :D We have our choice between the Cuban black bean and ham or Creamy chicken and wild rice. Himself really likes the black bean (it IS good :yum: ) and I'll be perfectly happy with the chicken. I might make us small salads so there an appearance of "healthy".

What will you plop on a plate today?

Kayelle inspired me yesterday, so I dug out a jar of TJ's Thai Green Curry sauce, and will pound the heck out of a Dolly Parton chicken breast. Fry it up and throw the sauce on it. Carrots, celery, and Lipton onion dip to go along.

Snow yesterday and a blizzard tomorrow but temps in the 50s today so I'm grilling some country style pork ribs and zucchini. Maybe some potatoes too.

Cuban Black Bean Soup, that sounds interesting.
Everyone's dinner choices sound great!
I had sub-contractors coming and going again today,
so in between the chaos, I made a big ole' pot of
my Quick Gumbo, that I'll serve with some rice

quick-gumbo.jpg
[file photo]

This dish is loaded with all kinds of veggies,
but ssshhh don't tell DH, he claims to dislike
several types of vegetables, that he eats on
a regular basis :huh::D

We did a version of "Fluke Poke" (Feb. 2017 BA Mag) subbing Hog fish for the fluke.

37240-albums1071-picture6858.jpg

I found a container in the freezer of a couple of Mexican stuffed bell peppers. I'll cook those and we'll have them with the rest of the guacamole from last night's quesadillas. Thinking I might make a quick salad with garden greens and lime-cilantro vinaigrette.

The rectangular things are phyllo dough crispies with sesame seeds. I wanted a little crispy something to go with the poke.

Chicken marinated in bottled roast garlic marinade on the grill, Lundberg's wild rice blend enhanced with bacon and onion in the Zoji, steamed green beans.

Stirfry using up some of the leftover beef roast from Sunday (shaved) and a whole lot of veggies (crisper clean out) (cauliflower leaves, cauliflower, broc. stocks, asparagus stocks (frozen), peas, carrots, celery, onion, radish, green pepper, mushrooms, lemon grass, and celery). Served over rice with lemon zest. The usual suspects re: seasonings--grated ginger, garlic, onion, Chinese 5-spice, Tamari, lemon zest at the end.

I found a container in the freezer of a couple of Mexican stuffed bell peppers. I'll cook those and we'll have them with the rest of the guacamole from last night's quesadillas. Thinking I might make a quick salad with garden greens and lime-cilantro vinaigrette.
I had a bunch of veggies that needed to be used, so I made sautéed veggies with Penzeys Pico and Salsa Seasoning instead of salad. Also baked some bread and served slices alongside.
0208172027a_HDR.jpg

Mmmm....so many wonderful looking and sounding dinners this evening!

I threw together a burrito for this afternoon's dinner - mashed black beans, rice, onions, fire roasted chiles, salsa...wrapped up in a warmed flour tortilla and topped with Herdez salsa verde. Easy and used up some leftovers, but still very good. :yum:

I had the leftover beef with a great big bowl of green beans butter/s/p. I made 4 frozen dinners for the guys of the leftover beef (it is so good) with a side of corn/carrots/butter/s/p.
Dessert, powerballs of dark dark chocolate coated, sunflower seed meal/whey protein/erythritol/cream, formed into balls.

I heated up leftover sausage and peppers (and onions) from yesterday, and put it on a sub roll for a tasty Italian sausage sammich -- with a side of beer.

CD

Everything sounds yummy!

Since I don't eat pasta or rice very often, I made a chef's salad with the fresh ingredients available.

For those who don't know--I just don't like pasta. 3-4 x a year is enough for me. I could hold the baby until help arrives. Just don't put me on the pasta stand.

Last edited:
Cuban Black Bean Soup, that sounds interesting...
It was good and easy to make. I started with a recipe from The Kitchn, then pretty much changed everything except for the beans, ham, and onions. :LOL:

Basically, I soaked the beans overnight, then drained. Sauteed the onion in the stock pot I soaked the beans in, tossed them in when the onions were clear, added a meaty ham bone, and let it simmer a few hours. When the beans were soft, I pulled the ham out and trimmed it off the bone and gristle, tossed it back into the pot, and served it up. Not too fancy, not much work. But, boy, it WAS good.

It was good and easy to make. I started with a recipe from The Kitchn, then pretty much changed everything except for the beans, ham, and onions. :LOL:

Basically, I soaked the beans overnight, then drained. Sauteed the onion in the stock pot I soaked the beans in, tossed them in when the onions were clear, added a meaty ham bone, and let it simmer a few hours. When the beans were soft, I pulled the ham out and trimmed it off the bone and gristle, tossed it back into the pot, and served it up. Not too fancy, not much work. But, boy, it WAS good.

Thanks CG! It looks and sounds wonderful, for me, I'ma thinkin' DH would turn his nose up at it, so this is why when we go out to eat, I ALWAYS order something that I CAN'T make at home :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom