Dinner Wednesday 24th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ForumRunner_20130424_221940.jpg

Eggs under easy, corned beef hash, roasted garlic bread and chunked tomatoes.

The corned beef was leftover from St. Patty's and reserved frozen for hash.

Soooo good!

j, under easy? never heard of that. similar to over easy?

we had a game tonight, so dinner was light. italian dressing marinated grilled chicken legs, corn on the cob, and fries.

here's the legs:

I ended up bailing on dinner. We cleaned up all our leftovers except for yesterday's soup. Now I get to start all over again tomorrow!

...here's the legs:

:whistling Nice legs!

Actually, those look good and I'm not a dark meat eater. Just plain ol' bottled dressing? Would low fat work? I don't like oil (ie: greasy) dressings on salad so I never buy or make full-oil dressing.

buckytom said:
j, under easy? never heard of that. similar to over easy?

we had a game tonight, so dinner was light. italian dressing marinated grilled chicken legs, corn on the cob, and fries.

here's the legs:

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/buckytom/media/2013-04-23_17-32-19_937_zps6b5331b8.jpg.html

I like my yolks runny so I prepare the eggs on a griddle at medium high heat "under" a pot lid until the yokes become slightly opaque and very warm to the touch.

Not to be confused with Kylies Down Under over easy method which might be the same as my Up Over under easy.

Hmmmm, something to think about yes?

;)

BTW your legs look very good.

I don't suppose there are any leftovers?

Last edited:
I like my yolks runny so I prepare the eggs on a griddle at medium high heat "under" a pot lid until the yokes become slightly opaque and very warm to the touch...

That's similar to the way I learned to make steamed eggs (easy poached) from my great Aunt who owned a lunchroom in the 1940's. I get a small frypan super hot, melt a touch of something (usually Smart Balance since it cooks like butter but has no cholesterol) and slide the egg(s) on, then quickly pour a small amount of iced water down the side of the pan and pop the lid on. The steam cooks the whites so quick the yolks never get cooked. Then I slide them onto a plate for Himself. If they're for me I flip them and cook them until the yolk is rock hard! Learning to like it a little moister...

That's interesting. I'll have to try that.

Why ice water though?

HotHot pan + very cold water = lots of steam! I suppose regular tap water would work, but I always grab a cup from the cupboard when I start, put lots of ice cubes in it, then cover with water. By the time the eggs hit the pan the water can't get any colder.

mmm, not I want ice water... and grilled chicken legs.
The breafast looks tasty though...

I like my yolks runny so I prepare the eggs on a griddle at medium high heat "under" a pot lid until the yokes become slightly opaque and very warm to the touch.

Not to be confused with Kylies Down Under over easy method which might be the same as my Up Over under easy.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jeff, you have totally confused me...but in a good way :)

I should hope a 1/2 cup (120ml) portion of ice cream which contains .4 egg yolks, 10 Tsp. heavy cream, 6 Tsp. milk, and 2.5 Tsp sugar would not cause heart problems.

But the problem would be the "1/2 cup portion". Not known for my restraint. :ermm:

I know, I know, "all things in moderation". That mantra got me to lose 40 pounds even with a small bit of real ice cream. (Then we moved but the mantra got left back home. :( ) Not as good as YOURS, mind you, but real.

There are certain things I make where hubby knows ahead of time to disable the smoke alarms. He just puts them back up once I'm done cooking.

We can't disable ours! They run both on battery and are hard wired. The only way we could be sure they stay quiet is to take out all the batteries AND kill the power to the house. There just has to be a better way...

You could just turn the circuit off that they are on (along with removing the batteries). I know, I have hard wired smoke detectors I had to disable. Way too sensitive.

You could just turn the circuit off that they are on (along with removing the batteries). I know, I have hard wired smoke detectors I had to disable. Way too sensitive.

Sensitive? I say annoying! They are foolproof so that the fools who wouldn't use them are safe. Unfortunately for those of us with a lick of common sense we have so many hoops to jump through it's barely worth it. I suppose we could close the doors to the basement and each bedroom, but that leaves the upstairs and downstairs hallways exposed. We would have to check each circuit to see which breaker controlled each detector. I think I'll sear the chops on the stovetop and have earplugs at the ready next time! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom