Dinner Wednesday 24th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tender and moist pork loin cutlets cut 3/8" (9.5mm) thick, breaded with flour, egg whites, cracker crumbs & sesame seeds; fried 3 1/2 minutes per side; cole slaw and split green pea soup. Maybe 1/2 cup (1/24th of a batch) of homemade French vanilla ice cream; made from 10 duck egg yolks 5 cups heavy cream, 3 cups milk, 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1/2 Tsp salt, 2 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract.
I prefer home-made ice cream because I know what I'm eating; I.E. a one cup portion contains -
0.8 egg yolks
6.7 Tbs Heavy Cream
4.0 Tbs Milk
1.7 Tbs Sugar
I TRY to limit myself to a 1/2 cup portion.

pot luck tonight over at the community house, Italian themed; I'm taking a redkitty recipe of yesteryear, her cannellini bean pate, and crackers

I don't have time to cook (tax season) and Stirling wants fish, so I suggested that he defrost the smoked salmon and bagels.

Well everyone's menu sounds very good. Now, I was earlier at a restaurant and ordered steak with rice and veggies. The rice was horrible. Everytime I go out and eat and order rice, it is never pleasant. Also, most places serve rice pilaf with the same taste. There are times in which I just want to mention "the rice sucks, can I make it for you guys?"

Now, I am not stating that I make the best rice nor where I eat do not know how to cook rice. I just wish some places will do the pilaf differently, cook the rice though and flavorable.
****** I love rice!

Chili. :yum::yum: I have never added celery to my chili, but I have some that needs to be used ASAP, so I will add it this time. I have had it in chili before, and liked it, but I never thought to add it to mine. :cool:

Pork chops, fresh green beans and, if I want to baby it and fuss, creamy polenta to use as a base under the chops. Thinking of topping the chops with a fresh thingy (I know there's a word for it and it's right >here< on the tip of my tongue but...) of diced tomatoes, minced parsley, lemon juice and a bit of zest. If I get my act together early enough I'll send Himself out to put them on the grill, otherwise I'll use my cast iron grille and hope I don't set the smoke alarms off again.:shock:

We'll have grilled burgers and bean salad (if I get up and make it!) when everyone gets home. DH is at the shooting range with a friend and the yungun is out looking for a car.

Tender and moist pork loin cutlets cut 3/8" (9.5mm) thick, breaded with flour, egg whites, cracker crumbs & sesame seeds; fried 3 1/2 minutes per side; cole slaw and split green pea soup. Maybe 1/2 cup (1/24th of a batch) of homemade French vanilla ice cream; made from 10 duck egg yolks 5 cups heavy cream, 3 cups milk, 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1/2 Tsp salt, 2 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract.
I prefer home-made ice cream because I know what I'm eating; I.E. a one cup portion contains -
0.8 egg yolks
6.7 Tbs Heavy Cream
4.0 Tbs Milk
1.7 Tbs Sugar
I TRY to limit myself to a 1/2 cup portion.

Oh, your ice cream sounds wonderful!
We will have tamales tonight with salad.

We're going to try something called Chicken Korma. Sounds nice and spicy!

Tonight we had leftovers because I had an episode with my blood sugar today and didn't feel like cooking.

Hate the icky feeling the low blood sugar make you have for the rest of evening.

Tonight we had leftovers because I had an episode with my blood sugar today and didn't feel like cooking.

Hate the icky feeling the low blood sugar make you have for the rest of evening.

Hope you feel better soon Jessica.

Sub sammies left over from lunch. I ordered contact lenses online, and one of the perks was a $50 gift cert for various restaurants in the area, which can be used in increments. $8.45 worth of sammies cost me $3.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom