"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner Wednesday 24th April 2013

Tonight we are having beef schnitzels and baked potatoes

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Executive Chef
Tender and moist pork loin cutlets cut 3/8" (9.5mm) thick, breaded with flour, egg whites, cracker crumbs & sesame seeds; fried 3 1/2 minutes per side; cole slaw and split green pea soup. Maybe 1/2 cup (1/24th of a batch) of homemade French vanilla ice cream; made from 10 duck egg yolks 5 cups heavy cream, 3 cups milk, 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1/2 Tsp salt, 2 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract.
I prefer home-made ice cream because I know what I'm eating; I.E. a one cup portion contains -
0.8 egg yolks
6.7 Tbs Heavy Cream
4.0 Tbs Milk
1.7 Tbs Sugar
I TRY to limit myself to a 1/2 cup portion.

justplainbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Executive Chef
pot luck tonight over at the community house, Italian themed; I'm taking a redkitty recipe of yesteryear, her cannellini bean pate, and crackers
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
I'm going to a class to make a rain barrel tonight, and it's very warm today, so I'm making chicken salad and potato salad.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef
Cheeseburgers on the grill and a Caesar salad.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I don't have time to cook (tax season) and Stirling wants fish, so I suggested that he defrost the smoked salmon and bagels.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
Assistant Cook
Well everyone's menu sounds very good. Now, I was earlier at a restaurant and ordered steak with rice and veggies. The rice was horrible. Everytime I go out and eat and order rice, it is never pleasant. Also, most places serve rice pilaf with the same taste. There are times in which I just want to mention "the rice sucks, can I make it for you guys?"

Now, I am not stating that I make the best rice nor where I eat do not know how to cook rice. I just wish some places will do the pilaf differently, cook the rice though and flavorable.
****** I love rice!
Jriveradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Head Chef
We have some beef stew in the crock pot.
My YouTube cooking channel
powerplantop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Chili. I have never added celery to my chili, but I have some that needs to be used ASAP, so I will add it this time. I have had it in chili before, and liked it, but I never thought to add it to mine.
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Master Chef
Pork chops, fresh green beans and, if I want to baby it and fuss, creamy polenta to use as a base under the chops. Thinking of topping the chops with a fresh thingy (I know there's a word for it and it's right >here< on the tip of my tongue but...) of diced tomatoes, minced parsley, lemon juice and a bit of zest. If I get my act together early enough I'll send Himself out to put them on the grill, otherwise I'll use my cast iron grille and hope I don't set the smoke alarms off again.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote