Dinner Wednesday 24th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL.. my dinners are sometimes so crappy.

We had a bbq yesterday and smoked some salmon. I grabbed a container of wieners and am eating it with ketchup and a Strongbow cider.

We are having poached salmon with Spanish rice and green beans.

I was going to grill the other ears of corn I picked up yesterday, but I think I'll turn them into Macque Choux instead. It will be a good use for that cheap bacon I picked up. And the celery I have, which I always have a hard time using it all up. Cajun night at the pacanis compound I guess :cool:

Change of plans...
My chicken breast was still frozen solid, so no creamy cajun chicken, so I figured why make the macque choux, so I just finished off five ABTs from Sunday's Q and some ribs. Dinner took all of four minutes on power setting 7, lol.

I was going to grill the other ears of corn I picked up yesterday, but I think I'll turn them into Macque Choux instead. It will be a good use for that cheap bacon I picked up. And the celery I have, which I always have a hard time using it all up. Cajun night at the pacanis compound I guess :cool:

Pacanis try chopping the celery while it is still fresh and freezing it on a cookie sheet. After it is frozen it can be put into a zip lock freezer bag. It will work fine in any cooked dish where chopped celery is called for.

Aunt Bea said:
Pacanis try chopping the celery while it is still fresh and freezing it on a cookie sheet. After it is frozen it can be put into a zip lock freezer bag. It will work fine in any cooked dish where chopped celery is called for.

Aunt Bea, you are right. I always keep a bag full of chopped celery, carrots and onions in the freezer for almost instant soup. Very nice to have. Just pour in what I need.

Last edited:
Thanks, AB. I think I'll give that a try with a few stocks while it's still fresh.

I used bacon grease and flour to make the gravy for the beef stew, using the stock I had cooked it in. I had about 3 cups of stock for the freezer too.

The stew is awesome from the flavorful stock. Tender too.

Snip, I really have to give that polenta thing of yours a try. The picture convinced me. ;)

We are making homemade Pizza tonight........peperoni, bell pepper, thin sliced white onion, mushrooms and 5 kinds of grated Italian cheeses.

Pan-fried Boneless Pork loin chops, pan gravy, Rice Pilaf (chopped onion and mushroom sautéed in butter, ground dry porcini mushrooms and beef stock) and steamed broccoli crowns.

img_1041189_0_f532d09182c876577b50617d4b20d58a.jpg

I used equal portions of two varieties of Lundberg rice in the pilaf:

Countrywild:

Blend of Wehani, long grain brown rice and Black Japonica.

Wild Blend:

Blend of long grain brown rice, sweet brown rice, Wehani, Black Japonica and wild rice.

Change of plans...
My chicken breast was still frozen solid, so no creamy cajun chicken, so I figured why make the macque choux, so I just finished off five ABTs from Sunday's Q and some ribs. Dinner took all of four minutes on power setting 7, lol.

And you say I'm indecisive? Looks like you have the same problem :LOL:

And you say I'm indecisive? Looks like you have the same problem :LOL:

Hey, what could I do? My dinner plans were still frozen solid? :LOL:
Chicken is one item that I only thaw in the fridge, at it's own pace ;)

Pan-fried Boneless Pork loin chops, pan gravy, Rice Pilaf (chopped onion and mushroom sautéed in butter, ground dry porcini mushrooms and beef stock) and steamed broccoli crowns.

I used equal portions of two varieties of Lundberg rice in the pilaf:

Countrywild:

Blend of Wehani, long grain brown rice and Black Japonica.

Wild Blend:

Blend of long grain brown rice, sweet brown rice, Wehani, Black Japonica and wild rice.

MsMofet, that looks absolutely delicious! Mmmmmmmm, pass the gravy please! I still have biscuits!

Hey, what could I do? My dinner plans were still frozen solid? :LOL:
Chicken is one item that I only thaw in the fridge, at it's own pace ;)

:LOL:
I do the same with chicken and pork! Just a tip if you want it to defrost faster put it in a bowl of cold water in the fridge :)

Snip, I really have to give that polenta thing of yours a try. The picture convinced me. ;)

We are making homemade Pizza tonight........peperoni, bell pepper, thin sliced white onion, mushrooms and 5 kinds of grated Italian cheeses.

Thanks Kayelle :) I made it with curried ground beef on the picture. You can also make it with the Bacon and Mushroom mix (like in my signature dish), tomato,onion and chili sauce or even creamed spinach and cheese!

P.S Your pizza sounds devine!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom