Dinner Wednesday 26/09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
I'm making chicken nihari with nan bread.nihari is a very well known food in my country,its a kind of curry that can be made with beef,mutton or chicken.Its really yummy,served hot with hot nan bread and a platter of chopped ginger,corriander,green chilis and lemons.And for dessert,i'm making a banana cake.Found this new recipe on net that i'm going to try today as i wanted a different banana cake,not my old recipe that is way too light and fluffy.
So what about u guys out there?

I'm making chicken nihari with nan bread.nihari is a very well known food in my country,its a kind of curry that can be made with beef,mutton or chicken.Its really yummy,served hot with hot nan bread and a platter of chopped ginger,corriander,green chilis and lemons.And for dessert,i'm making a banana cake.Found this new recipe on net that i'm going to try today as i wanted a different banana cake,not my old recipe that is way too light and fluffy.
So what about u guys out there?

Hi there, Sarah! Your dinner sounds very tasty! What is the matter with light-n-fluffy? :) I think those qualities are good in a cake!

For us tonight, I'm not sure. I might make BBQ'd beef patties (ground beef patties cooked in a bbq sauce), mashed potatoes and either corn or green beans.

Hi there, Sarah! Your dinner sounds very tasty! What is the matter with light-n-fluffy? :) I think those qualities are good in a cake!

For us tonight, I'm not sure. I might make BBQ'd beef patties (ground beef patties cooked in a bbq sauce), mashed potatoes and either corn or green beans.

well yes vanilla!normally i love light and fluffy cakes,thats how most cakes r supposed to be,but for some reason,lately i have been craving an overly rich and dense banana cake,but sadly the recipe i tried today didnt live upto my expectation.:)it came out very light too.lol

I made some fresh cheese yesterday, so will use it to make a stuffing for pasta shells, with a marinara sauce.
sarah, maybe you could make banana bread instead?

Home made bread and vegetable soup. I had to use the last of some vegetables and herbs before they go bad, and besides a little chopping, it's easy to make.

Oriental pot stickers and egg rolls.
Anyone got tips on the frying part to keep them from sticking?

cheese burger or tacos. i have ground beef that has to be used. dessert is a crescent dough creation. dough, cream cheese, and jam. it is very good but so bad for my blood sugar. i cut sugar in half and used sugar free jam.

I had little notice that 2 dear old friends will arrive for dinner tonight, and not enough time to change the plans of having leftovers...I canned sweet corn and mowed today...these friends pop over about twice a year and have been served quite an array of foods through the years....

so it is leftover broccoli, pesto and pasta and a potato, garlic and green bean dish. I did get a chance to put a baked custard in the oven..

Oriental pot stickers and egg rolls.
Anyone got tips on the frying part to keep them from sticking?

Once the Pot Stickers are done - and stuck to the bottom of the skillet - add a little chicken stock and cover for a minute. Kind of like deglazing the pan, the Pot Stickers will loosen with very little effort.

Tonight.. Roast beef!!
I well seasoned the roast with the preferred spices.. Fired up the oven to 500F. I placed the roast in on a rack uncovered for 15 minutes. I then turned the oven down to 300F for 1.5 hours.. The result...
Fantastically crusted roast cooked to just medium rare... So tasty...

I served it simply with peas and pearl onions. For dessert, an aperitif of Limoncello.

Attachments

• P1050445.JPG
    P1050445.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 165
Tonight.. Roast beef!!
I well seasoned the roast with the preferred spices.. Fired up the oven to 500F. I placed the roast in on a rack uncovered for 15 minutes. I then turned the oven down to 300F for 1.5 hours.. The result...
Fantastically crusted roast cooked to just medium rare... So tasty...

I served it simply with peas and pearl onions. For dessert, an aperitif of Limoncello.
That roast looks luscious! YUM! :chef:

I didn't have bbq'd beef patties... I made a ground beef casserole with vegies (green beans, peas, carrots), cheeses (mozz, cheddar and parm)... topped with mashed potatoes and homemade breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. With that, I served salad and french bread.

img_847547_0_2801109ad8eca47421b4eaa250dc2700.jpg

img_847547_1_37b17c27bcdaf1fc0ff56662c6a37f28.jpg

img_847547_2_741e518a1e2d205f4a88feef2c980c84.jpg

seared and broiled sirloin steak, mac & cheese, wild/brown rice, brocolli/colliflower/onion medley

Was hubby's birthday so I made him a couple of his favourites - chicken cacciatore (over noodles with salad) and chocolate cake with peppermint icing and chocolate ganache.

I fixed a dish that contained, fried ground venison, mixed vegetables with bow tie pasta, cream of celery soup and sour cream. Yum!

I didn't have bbq'd beef patties... I made a ground beef casserole with vegies (green beans, peas, carrots), cheeses (mozz, cheddar and parm)... topped with mashed potatoes and homemade breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. With that, I served salad and french bread.

img_847571_0_2801109ad8eca47421b4eaa250dc2700.jpg

img_847571_1_37b17c27bcdaf1fc0ff56662c6a37f28.jpg

img_847571_2_741e518a1e2d205f4a88feef2c980c84.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Your Dinner looks yummy,nice pictures.I often make a very similar casserole too.The only difference is,instead of ground beef,i usually put cooked shredded chicken,or cubes of chicken,cooked in tomatoe sauce.

That roast looks luscious! YUM! :chef:

img_847593_0_2801109ad8eca47421b4eaa250dc2700.jpg

img_847593_1_37b17c27bcdaf1fc0ff56662c6a37f28.jpg

img_847593_2_741e518a1e2d205f4a88feef2c980c84.jpg

I have never made "shepherds pie" style meal.. sure looks tasty...

We had an absolutely fabulous new supermarket open in town yesterday, so of course they had lots of "grand opening" sales going on. The fresh seafood counter was WONDERFUL - terrific selection, everything properly iced & fresh-looking. Anyway, I couldn't resist the gorgeous King Crab legs for $6.99/pound, so bought a couple of pounds & served them with melted lemon butter (with a dash of cayenne pepper added) & some delicious sugar-sweet white corn on the cob. Hard to beat a fun quick summer meal that involves seafood, corn, & lots of butter for around $15.00 - lol!!

Back
Top Bottom