Dinner Wednesday 27th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of grilled cheese sandwiches but not with tomato soup. Was thinking of soup though and thought peanut soup would be good for the summer since it can be served cold. But I don't think grilled cheese and peanut soup sounds very appetizing. Guess I'll have to think on it some more.

I was thinking of grilled cheese sandwiches but not with tomato soup. Was thinking of soup though and thought peanut soup would be good for the summer since it can be served cold. But I don't think grilled cheese and peanut soup sounds very appetizing. Guess I'll have to think on it some more.

I've never had peanut soup but peanut butter and gouda sandwiches are awsome!!!!! It might just work who know :LOL:

I just put a nice plump 6-pound Boston butt roast in the stovetop smoker. In about 5 hours we'll have yummy delicious smoked pork for barbecue sandwiches. Have several huge hamburger buns I made last week, which should be just about the right size for barbecue sandwiches piled high.

Lots of fresh veggies from the garden to round out the meal, iced tea to drink and vanilla ice cream sundaes for dessert.

Stir-fry tonight!

I have:

Chicken, multi-colored peppers, sweet onion, spring onions, carrots, celery, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts.

Fish sauce, sweet chili sauce and General Tso's sauce will the be sauces added this time.

Served over long grain white rice with soy sauce on the side.

After some thought, I realized I had some homemade ham salad in the freezer. It is thawing now. I have some sourdough bread for the sandwiches, peanut soup, and salad.

I just finished a sandwich for my midday dinner. Four pieces of American cheese and two thick slices of tomato with salt, pepper and mayo on white bread. Boy did that hit the spot.

I just finished a sandwich for my midday dinner. Four pieces of American cheese and two thick slices of tomato with salt, pepper and mayo on white bread. Boy did that hit the spot.

The only thing I would change would be to sub honey mustard for the mayo! I have some bacon cooked up so I'm thinking a BCT (bacon cheese tomato).

The only thing I would change would be to sub honey mustard for the mayo! I have some bacon cooked up so I'm thinking a BCT (bacon cheese tomato).

Oh yummo! I made a sun ripened tomato sandwich with rocket and thick sour cream a few days ago. Yum! I think it might be my new favourite!
Unlike the peanut butter and sandwich spread I ate as a teen :LOL:
And I love a good BET (bacon, sunnyside up egg and tomato)
Darn you making me hungry and I just ate :ohmy:

Dinner will be more of the Shrimp Gazpacho I just had for lunch. Peeled cooked shrimp, vegetable juice, and chunky salsa. The shrimp tastes wonderful in the gazpacho.

I'm definitely having more as soon as I get hungry again.

I just wish I'd looked for avocados when I was at the store yesterday. Mashed and mixed with salsa makes an easy guacamole which would go nice with the gazpacho. *adding avocados to grocery list*

Dinner will be more of the Shrimp Gazpacho I just had for lunch. Peeled cooked shrimp, vegetable juice, and chunky salsa. The shrimp tastes wonderful in the gazpacho.

I'm definitely having more as soon as I get hungry again.

I just wish I'd looked for avocados when I was at the store yesterday. Mashed and mixed with salsa makes an easy guacamole which would go nice with the gazpacho. *adding avocados to grocery list*

Yum! I just love Gazpacho :) heck, I love all things tomato! Like the shrimp idea :)

Lots of great ideas here! I am still not sure what to make here, though. I have some shopping to do in the early afternoon so I will probably figure it out at the store.

ok, i've got the veal and peppers cooking. the stuffed chops will have to wait. a couple of the chops were freezer burned, so i'll pound them down a bit, brown 'em, and they'll go in the sauce with the veal.

man, am i crispy. the door guy showed up early, so i haven't slept a wink. fortunately, he was a really nice andd handy guy, so he's coming back to do a bunch of trim work and some siding repairs, and maybe rewire the basement and put in a drop ceiling.

i could do it, but it takes me 3x as long to get it perfect, so i'd rather just work more o.t. and pay a pro to do it right at this point.

Leftover steamed ground chuck, crumbled and mixed with an equal serving of rice, dressed with Lite Soy Sauce and mild, sweet Thai Sriracha sauce.

Yum! I just love Gazpacho :) heck, I love all things tomato! Like the shrimp idea :)

I was really surprised at how the shrimp tasted. Kind of like a shrimp cocktail.

The shrimp idea was something someone else mentioned here, and I kicked myself for not having thought of it myself!

Even though it is way too hot, it is cooler than it will be the next few days (which are supposed to be over 100), so I will be making chili. QUICK chili, with canned beans, since I don't want the stove on any longer than it needs to be. :cool:

i have a huge and i mean huge chicken thigh in my small crockpot. poured pace piquant sauce on it. don't know what else at this point. maybe a lima bean salad . could be some rice or coccus in the works

Tonight was a quick dinner of my summer pasta. Rigatoni with veggies from the garden sauteed in oil. Tonight it was zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, garlic, green and yellow peppers, and grape tomatoes. I added butter as the last with basil and oregano.

I just put a nice plump 6-pound Boston butt roast in the stovetop smoker. In about 5 hours we'll have yummy delicious smoked pork for barbecue sandwiches. Have several huge hamburger buns I made last week, which should be just about the right size for barbecue sandwiches piled high.

Lots of fresh veggies from the garden to round out the meal, iced tea to drink and vanilla ice cream sundaes for dessert.

Hi Katie!! Please expand on how you do this. I LOVE my stovetop smoker but have never done a BB roast. I've done many Tri Tips in it and it's outstanding after finishing on the grill.

Dinner tonight will be Rib Eye bone in steaks on the grill with corn on the cob, garlic bread and green salad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom