"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner Wednesday 27th of July

Not a clue yet! Been up all night with a crying 4 yr old. Think I'll head to the store once the chickens wake up lol! get some bioplus or redbull and go from there!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

i hope to be cooking a lot today.

we're having new screen doors installed on the house, so since i won't be sleeping i figure cooking in the downstairs kitchen will allow me to keep an eye on the work going on.

i'm gonna start with veal and peppers since i have some veal shoulder chops to use up. i'm thinking of rubbing the chops with evoo and garlic, then browning them on the grill before they go into the crock pot with a can of san marzanos. green and yellow bell pepper chunks will he added and hour later, and fresh basil just before the end.

then, i was thinking of picking some wild garlic and kale from the garden, and stuffing some boneless pork chops with the garlic sauteed kale and some goat or mozarella cheese. not sure if i'll grill or bake them.

if i'm still awake, i think i'll make a green pepper hot sauce. i found a bag of hot green peppers in the freezer from last year's garden, so i figure a pepper mash or hot sauce is the best way to use them up at this point. i can't recall the variety, but the peppers are like a frying pepper, but thick walled and are medium hot. like a horno di toro pepper or a hungarian wax pepper, but deep green and decently hot.

i hope the storm doors go in well so i can concentrate on cooking. i'm sure my son will come into the kitchen a few times and yell, "shut it down!" a la gordon ramsay so we can play video games upstairs. lol.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
Cook

Not too sure yet either. I feel like i'm in a culinary slump this week. Any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontg34 View Post
Not too sure yet either. I feel like i'm in a culinary slump this week. Any suggestions?
Glad to see I'm not the only clueless one here today, still half asleep to tell you the truth
I've gotten as far as taking beef steaks out to defrost, I've got sour cream and good paprika so maybe I'll make Stroganoff if they have decent mushrooms at the store :)
Since we had prego's last night I won't leave them whole but if Stroganoff doesn't happen maybe Cashew Beef.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #5
Cook

They both sound lovely to me. I'm toying with the possibilty of making Navajo tacos, but I'm afraid to mess them up, as it will be my first time making them. My partner is Navajo and I would love to surprise him with them. Is your 4 yr/o feeling any better?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Certified Cake Maniac

Since it is still Tuesday here (with an hour to go!) I haven't given it much thought, but hopefully I will wake-up with a great inspiration!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
They both sound lovely to me. I'm toying with the possibilty of making Navajo tacos, but I'm afraid to mess them up, as it will be my first time making them. My partner is Navajo and I would love to surprise him with them. Is your 4 yr/o feeling any better?
He's fine thanks :) He's just been waking up at night lately, not even sure he's fully awake when he screams. Last Nights episode was about his sister not wanting to hold his hand and she was fast asleep.
The Taco Idea sounds good, never tried making them either but I'm sure there will be someone on DC that knows just how!

Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #8
Cook

Aw poor little guy.
Yeah, I think I've made my mind up, I'll try the tacos. *crosses fingers*
Old 07-27-2011, 02:15 AM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Aw poor little guy.
Yeah, I think I've made my mind up, I'll try the tacos. *crosses fingers*
Go for it! Your partner will love the fact that you tried regardless I'm sure.
Good Luck :)

Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #10
Cook

Thanks! :) Hope you are able to get some rest!

Tags
dinner