Dinner Wednesday 3/25/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Got a hankering for Paula Deen's BBQ meatloaf...will serve it with loaded mashed potatoes and green beans.

What sounds good at your house?

Extremely early dinner (or a very late lunch) tonight. Mrs. K had a leftover pork chop, while I had every kid's worst nightmare... smothered liver, onions, and mushrooms, with a side of spinach. It was fantastic. :yum:

img_1414946_0_87fc937c21ddbebeb486a779cb6e896f.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after being without Internet service for nearly 9 days, it's nice to be back "home" here at DC.

Beautiful day here and my sweetheart requested hamburgers for tonight's meal. I made some buns this afternoon and some potatoes are frying in a skillet to go along with. The hamburgers will be rounded out with homemade green tomato pickles, homemade pickled okra, the fried potatoes, a couple of beers and coconut chewies bars for dessert.

Katie, we had hamburgers too! With macaroni salad. Store bought buns though. I've never been able to make a decent loaf of bread. Sliced tomatoes and sauteed mushrooms to go on the burgers.

I retried a recipe (adjusted) marinade for chicken pieces - with chinese 5 spice, lime juice, soy (halve quantity this time), sweet chilli sauce. Was OK but bit too liquidy, i.e. not thick enough to stay on the chicken pieces. Another recipe bites the dust! (Oh, had it with home made oven chips and string beans)

Had Chicken Korma over brown rice with sauteed spinach on the side. Princess Fiona had recommended Patak Simmering Sauces and I found it at my local Publix grocery store. Good and easy -- just added the chicken and liked it very much.

I made baked rigatoni with spiffed up jarred sauce, Italian sausage and a layer of mozz on top. Alongside a green salad. I saved back a couple mushrooms from the sauce and sliced them for the salad and traded some of the salad green pepper diced into the sauce. Fair is fair. Olives to roll around on the plate, they didn't want to stay put on the salad, and I said, hey you guys, stop playing with the food on your plate.

Made roast beef from a well marbled piece of rump roast. Thermometer seems to need adjusting. It said 160°F and I panicked, but it was still medium rare. I nuked several pieces for Stirling so they were well done. It was pretty good, but not as tender as I would have liked. Stirling was underwhelmed, but he isn't big on "slab-o-beef". Served with leftover mashed potatoes and rødkål.

2015%2B-%2B1

2015%2B-%2B2

That looks beautiful Taxi. I'm glad you got some good roast beef that wasn't overcooked. Sounds like you need a new thermometer for sure.

I just snacked for dinner. My SousChef just returned from visiting his 102 yr old mother in Florida tonight so I'm cooking tomorrow.

That looks beautiful Taxi. I'm glad you got some good roast beef that wasn't overcooked. Sounds like you need a new thermometer for sure.
Thanks. Actually I can calibrate that thermometer. I haven't checked in a few years.
I just snacked for dinner. My SousChef just returned from visiting his 102 yr old mother in Florida tonight so I'm cooking tomorrow.
I'll bet you're glad to have him home.

...Stirling was underwhelmed, but he isn't big on "slab-o-beef"...
Sometimes you have to cook to please yourself, other palates be danged. ;)

We stopped at our favorite Irish pub on our way home from wandering the state today. We had beers, Smithwick's for Himself and Guinness for me. We also got the Irish Potato Pizza that I have been craving for weeks, and tried the corned beef hash Shillelagh Sticks. Himself ate three of the four since I thought it was "OK" and he really liked them. More Potato Pizza for me! :yum: Had some leftover, so I see a possible breakfast... For "dessert", Himself had another beer. :huh: Must have tasted good, since he rarely has two drinks in a month!

Sometimes you have to cook to please yourself, other palates be danged. ;)
Yup, learning that. And he didn't dislike it.
We stopped at our favorite Irish pub on our way home from wandering the state today. We had beers, Smithwick's for Himself and Guinness for me. We also got the Irish Potato Pizza that I have been craving for weeks, and tried the corned beef hash Shillelagh Sticks. Himself ate three of the four since I thought it was "OK" and he really liked them. More Potato Pizza for me! :yum: Had some leftover, so I see a possible breakfast... For "dessert", Himself had another beer. :huh: Must have tasted good, since he rarely has two drinks in a month!
Sounds like a fun and delicious night out.

Steve, your liver and onions dish looks so good - even though I'm not a huge liver fan, I could go for that with all those nice caramelized onions. :)

Taxy, your roast looks perfectly cooked! YUM :yum:

Steve, your liver and onions dish looks so good - even though I'm not a huge liver fan, I could go for that with all those nice caramelized onions. :)

Taxy, your roast looks perfectly cooked! YUM :yum:
It did come out perfectly doFine. I used Craig's instructions. Meat at room temperature, five minutes at 500°F, one hour per pound at 200°F. Check the temperature; rest under a foil tent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom