Dinner Wednesday, 3-29-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I simmered up a couple of ham hocks with black-eyed peas yesterday. Unlike the hocks I got from a butcher earlier this winter, these had about two usable tablespoons worth of meat. I pulled a ham steak from the freezer last night and will dice it up before I heat the pot of peas. I have a large bunch of Swiss chard that I'll chop and saute. Still deciding if I want to add onion, shallot, or garlic. Leaning toward the onion right now.

Never made salad yesterday because I was so cold. I should make it today to move the bulky greens along before I shop tomorrow.

What's happening on your plate or in your bowl tonight?

Spatchcocked roasted chicken with jus, mashies, and green beabs, pearl onions, and criminis.

Mmm...ham and black eyed peas sounds good, CG. :yum:

Hot here today, almost 80F and still rising a bit. After looking through the fridge, I think I've decided on a BLT salad with a deviled egg and a cutie for sides.

Ravioli with tomato sauce for GD and me (chicken mozzarella or kale and cheese). Giant burger salad for SO.

Ended up cooking a leek with the Swiss chard. I bought a bunch (3 large ones) last Friday with the intent of making leek-potato soup and/or a ham and leek quiche. Haven't made either of those yet, though, so in with the chard for one of them. Also tossed the baby spinach into the peas and ham rather than make a salad. The end result, more room in the fridge, still happened.

Leftover Margherita pizza from lunch. A flight attendant neighbor and I get together for lunch from time to time, when he's in town for long enough, and we went to this authentic Neapolitan pizza place today.

CD

DH picked up takeout Mexican buffet for lunch and we're still picking at it. He just sort of piled everything on top of stuff, so we have no idea what we're eating, but it's pretty good. Meat, chicken, cheese, tortillas, guac, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom