Dinner Wednesday, 3-7-2018 ~ National Cereal Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Stuck for a dinner choice? I guess you could have cereal! National Cereal Day

I'll pass, since I've already planned on BLT sandwiches. It's the reason I baked the country white bread yesterday. :chef: Now all I need to do is decide if I want to make some sort of side and what it should be. Suggestions? Right now I have a taste for potato salad.

What are you having for supper?

I honored National Cereal Day this morning..;)

Tonight daughter is working late at her office so its hot dogs and whatever else I can think up.. :wacko:

I do believe that a batch of chocolate chip cookies are in my plans..

Ross

I need to catch up with the class

Life has taken a hold of me and I've not been here for awhile,
so I really wanted to share with the class what I made the other day
Huli Huli Chicken

on my spankin new toy, a Weber Rotisserie on my 'big girl' Weber Gas Grill equipped with a smoker box filled with mesquite chips, which is the same family as keawe wood that we use in Hawaii...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjKlo-5aWF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey3BnU1-PVo

... and the finished product, plated with Cucumber Kim Chee,
Macaroni Salad and steamed White Rice

DSC06939.JPG

I was a VERY happy Hawaiian Girl!!!

OMGosh, that looks fabulous, kgirl! :chef::yum:

No cereal for dinner here, but maybe as an evening snack. I might make chicken fried steak this afternoon (ever since the recent thread about it, I've had a craving). :yum: It just depends on if I feel like actually making it or not...I'm kind of slow and lazy today.

I had a portion of cooked vegetables, pretty much everything in the refrigerator and off the counter, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, onion, ginger, soy, garlic, carrots for me.
Multi colored cereal with milk for the cereal DH who found this holiday to be his favorite.

This may be the perfect dish to baptize your new grill K-Girl. If I remember huli means frequent turning and huli huli must mean keep on turning more often, so a rotisserie is the right tool to do the job. Looks good.

I am having beer braised brats, finished in a hot oven to brown up. Sauerkraut and beet pickles. I forgot to buy buns, so plated up.

Lookin good Kgirl.

Our dinner was Mom's sammies, corned beef, ham, pickles, tomatoes, munster cheese, and 1000 island dressing as the "mayo." Normally, i make an egg wash to dip them in and sautee them in butter and oil, but I decided to make a pressed sammie with just butter brushed on both sides. Bread is a basic focaccia recipe, just made in a smaller pan so it would be a bit thicker so it could be split.

Attachments

• 2018-03-07 18.36.29.jpg
    2018-03-07 18.36.29.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 2018-03-07 18.37.09.jpg
    2018-03-07 18.37.09.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 120
This may be the perfect dish to baptize your new grill K-Girl. If I remember huli means frequent turning and huli huli must mean keep on turning more often, so a rotisserie is the right tool to do the job. Looks good.

I am having beer braised brats, finished in a hot oven to brown up. Sauerkraut and beet pickles. I forgot to buy buns, so plated up.

That is correct Whisk, Huli in Hawaiian means to turn.
The modern day Huli Chicken is on this really cool LONG
rectangular charcoal open grill with this rotisserie like no other.
I don't have a phot of it, but We will be back there very soon and there's
(if its still there) a permanent Huli Chicken guy set up right by our place in Honolulu, I'll ask if it's okay to take a picture of the rig.

That is correct Whisk, Huli in Hawaiian means to turn.
The modern day Huli Chicken is on this really cool LONG
rectangular charcoal open grill with this rotisserie like no other.
I don't have a phot of it, but We will be back there very soon and there's
(if its still there) a permanent Huli Chicken guy set up right by our place in Honolulu, I'll ask if it's okay to take a picture of the rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUGYY8BAkA8

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Tried a recipe for Halal cart style chicken and rice....finally got around to trying it..very easy and very tasty..gf says it's going in the rotation...

Attachments

• 28685541_10155210893762401_5665925572757291008_n.jpg
    28685541_10155210893762401_5665925572757291008_n.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I made a fried shrimp po-boy for dinner. I whipped up a spicy tarter sauce to spread on the roll.

CD

Loved your video and it was really fun hearing your voice Kgirl!! Good looking bird to be sure.

I guess this over two week chest cold really got a hold on me, as an intended short nap lasted till dinner time.
We had tempura shrimp and scallion pancake both thanks to TJ's and heated up by the Souschef. Bless his heart he should have never kissed me as he's sick too.

Kayelle, that "chest cold" could be bronchitis. At least that's what I saw when skimming an old issue of an AARP magazine. If you still feel lousy, get thee to a doctor. No fooling around, you hear?

Pretty birdie, K-Girl. Nice looking dinners, too, medtran and Roch.

I ended up making a crudités platter to snack on this afternoon, and made potato wedges to go with our double-bacon sandwiches...because you can never have enough bacon. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180307_203349.jpg
    20180307_203349.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180307_220952.jpg
    20180307_220952.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 143
Mmmm....good looking' dinner pics, all!

I scratched the Chicken Fried Steak thought and ended up grilling a rib eye and asparagus. I had a few bites before I thought to take a pic. Blurry, but good - it really hit the spot. :yum:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 127
Dinner was at Red Robin where they have heat and light in addition to food and drink.

We had onion rings a burger and a French dip along with wine and beer.

Oops wrong day. This was Thursday dinner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom