Dinner Wednesday 3rd April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to look for & try a white eggplant. Is the taste & texture different from the purple globes?

I'll have to look for & try a white eggplant. Is the taste & texture different from the purple globes?
The texture is the same. The white ones I've had aren't as mature, so they don't tend to be bitter because they don't have the seeds that some of the more mature purple ones can have. And the white ones seem to have a longer shelf life. I picked these up about 10 days ago. The skin was getting a little wrinkly, but they weren't getting moldy or soft.

Last edited:
My risotto and broccoli.

Attachments

• Risotto.jpg
    Risotto.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Stirling brought home some bagels, so I pulled some smoked salmon out of the freezer. So I had smoked salmon on a bagel with organic, Danish cream cheese and sliced onion and capers. :yum:

The texture is the same. The white ones I've had aren't as mature, so they don't tend to be bitter because they don't have the seeds that some of the more mature purple ones can have. And the white ones seem to have a longer shelf life. I picked these up about 10 days ago. The skin was getting a little wrinkly, but they weren't getting moldy or soft.

Thank you. :cool:

Stirling brought home some bagels, so I pulled some smoked salmon out of the freezer. So I had smoked salmon on a bagel with organic, Danish cream cheese and sliced onion and capers. :yum:
I couldn't help it. It was calling my name. I made another one, so I took pix.

20130403_225644.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom