Dinner Wednesday 3rd April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just me tonight. Sooo it will either be left over ribs, potato salad. :mellow:

Or maybe make myself Lazy lasagna. Baked raviolis. Have some small portioned packaged raviolis in the freezer. Leftover pizza sauce from the other night.
Now if I just had an eggplant.

I have an eggplant that is begging to be used! I used the other one for breakfast today. I probably will have something light since I had such a filling breakfast...maybe some warmed up leftover turkey and a side of wild rice, tossed salad.

Tonight is "pantry raid" night. :LOL:

I have a can of tuna, some noodles, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese, and some leftover broccoli. Sounds like the makings of a great tuna casserole.

Going small tonight ~ beef chili made with canned, sauced beans. We won't have cold nights much longer and I don't like chili in warm weather, not even with an icy beer. Kinda taking a night off after last night's cooking. Stuffed pork chops, plus roasted the rest of the loin the same time to slice and use for BBQ a later time. I overcook for the two of us just so I can have leftovers!:yum:

leftover ham from Easter and I'm making individual servings of scalloped potatoes to go along side. I think some asparagus is in order too.

I had 1-1/2 white eggplant to use up, some watercress, wild rice, fresh coriander...so I made this:

Stir-fried Eggplant and Tofu Recipe | MyRecipes.com

I left out the soy sauce and sugar. And added some lime zest, the corriander, watercress and once removed from the burner, added the juice of 1/2 lime. It was quite tasty. I was only about to eat 1/2 of it.

Attachments

• dinner_April_3 007.jpg
    dinner_April_3 007.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 163
I sense a trend-leftovers and use 'em ups.

We have some leftover meat sauce from Easter's lasagna so that's going to be pasta sauce over penne rigate. Either some salad or a veggie along side.

ooh, that reminds me... I've got a container of lasagna sauce in the freezer from that half pan I made a couple months ago or so. I'm hoping the ricotta is still good, but if not, lasagna is in my near future anyway.
Thanks Andy.

I fell asleep while dinner was in the oven, so we had burnt chicken, burnt potatoes and mixed veggies.

Carol

ooh, that reminds me... I've got a container of lasagna sauce in the freezer from that half pan I made a couple months ago or so. I'm hoping the ricotta is still good, but if not, lasagna is in my near future anyway.
Thanks Andy.

I live to serve.

:LOL: Carol. Reminds me of my burnt grilled cheese on hotdog bun.

We're officially almost out of fridge leftovers, have 3 shrimp remaining. May spelunk something.

Last edited:
Hey, three shrimp and you could do a trial run of Snip's prawn pate.

I had 1-1/2 white eggplant to use up, some watercress, wild rice, fresh coriander...so I made this:

Stir-fried Eggplant and Tofu Recipe | MyRecipes.com

I left out the soy sauce and sugar. And added some lime zest, the corriander, watercress and once removed from the burner, added the juice of 1/2 lime. It was quite tasty. I was only about to eat 1/2 of it.

YAY! I like the way you changed it out. Looks healthy & delish.

YAY! I like the way you changed it out. Looks healthy & delish.
It is quite filling. I was only able to eat 1/2 of what I dished out. I guess I don't have to think about what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow! Now I have to make another trip to that store to get more extra-firm Tofu. For some reason, the stores near me only carry silken and firm.

Back
Top Bottom