"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
Master Chef

That looks delectable Rocky!!

We had spinach salad and pork chops with the Portland Ketchup we got in the mail today.

This is the review I just posted about the product on Amazon..

"After visiting Portland recently we saw Portland Ketchup on the tables around town and tried it on our burgers. When we got back to California, we HAD to order it online to have it at home. This is really a remarkable flavor, so far superior to any ketchup on the market, it's really the "gourmet" of any ketchup you've ever tasted. The balance of flavor is remarkable. Well done!"
Natural Ketchup: Portland Ketchup Company: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

We highly recommend it, even from Steve who doesn't like ketchup.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
Master Chef

Got the peppers stuffed tonight. Had leftover rice so I made kinda Spanish rice, sauteing the pepper trimmings and an onion. Added in the last of the tomato puree from the can. Ended up opening a can of Niblets corn for the veggie. AND I finally got to eat my salad I had made yesterday, then didn't eat because dinner was done. Then I was too full for salad. Now I'm just full.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
There used to be a resturant chain called Lums...
I miss Lums. I've tried steaming our dogs in beer but it just isn't the same. Do you have the recipe for them? I tried both links in the recipe that you posted but they're both dead-ends.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Pork chop and peirogy w/ home smoked pork belly and onions....corn a la cob....
That all looks fabulous Rock
Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Tonight we are having butter chicken and papadoms with raita
Kylie,

I'm curious because you seem to have butter chicken quite a lot. Is it something you and your family love or is it just something simple and easy to prepare, makes a whole lot at once and you have leftovers or a combination of any of the above? If one of the reasons is that you and your family absolutely love it, can you share the recipe or do you already have it posted here somewhere? I Googled butter chicken and it seems it's one of those dishes that everyone has their own recipe and they can vary quite a bit in spicing.

As for last night's dinner, we had vegetarian Mexican spaghetti with a sauce made of roasted/peeled poblano chiles, toasted ground blanched almonds, garlic, fresh baby spinach, oregano, crema and heavy cream.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Medtran

Yes, Butter Chicken is something that we love...we have eaten so many different varieties at Indian restaurants and pubs etc and we have cooked a variety of recipes ourselves at home, some good, some not so good and some were great!

You are right, there are so many different recipes for butter chicken and they all taste so different too

There are a 3 that we really love and only one we needed to tweak a bit to get it to our liking

Here are the 3 recipes

Butter Chicken 1

Butter Chicken 2

Butter Chicken 3

I hope you enjoy them, they all taste wonderful
Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
...there are so many different recipes for butter chicken and they all taste so different too

Butter Chicken 1///////
Kylie, this one looks good to me! I picked up a jar of Garam Masala when Himself took me to Penzeys for my birthday last week. Think I'll give this one a try when the weather cools down. Spicy foods + hot weather make me feel hotter.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Ah yes, that is the first one we tried cooking at home and certainly one of our faves, you will love CG

Tags
dinner