Dinner Wednesday 3rd July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know what dinner will be yet, but I have to prep my Ollieburgers for tomorrow. They have to marinate at least 12 hours.

Last edited:
I brought leftover lentil-chard-tomato soup to the farm. There are peas, Chard, and radishes to pick in the garden, pasta in the cupboard, and herbs in the herb garden. Not sure what else I'll forage...I'm going to check for new potatoes. It will be a meatless meal.

Last edited:
Ok...what's an Ollieburger?:huh:

There used to be a resturant chain called Lums and they brough on Ollie Gleichenhaus for his burger recipe from Ollie's Trolly.

OllieBurger

I have found that they are much better if marinaded for at least 12 hours or over night.

Last edited:
Yum. I like a burger with a history behind it. A good treat to celebrate the 4th July.

I am bringing a blueberry peach strudel ( PPO's recipe) I made last night over for dinner w/ DxW. I don't know what else we are having. The strudel turned out excellent.

Pork chop and peirogy w/ home smoked pork belly and onions....corn a la cob....

Attachments

• DSC01634.jpg
    DSC01634.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC01635.jpg
    DSC01635.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 193
That looks delectable Rocky!!

We had spinach salad and pork chops with the Portland Ketchup we got in the mail today.

This is the review I just posted about the product on Amazon..

"After visiting Portland recently we saw Portland Ketchup on the tables around town and tried it on our burgers. When we got back to California, we HAD to order it online to have it at home. This is really a remarkable flavor, so far superior to any ketchup on the market, it's really the "gourmet" of any ketchup you've ever tasted. The balance of flavor is remarkable. Well done!"
Natural Ketchup: Portland Ketchup Company: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

We highly recommend it, even from Steve who doesn't like ketchup.

Got the peppers stuffed tonight. Had leftover rice so I made kinda Spanish rice, sauteing the pepper trimmings and an onion. Added in the last of the tomato puree from the can. Ended up opening a can of Niblets corn for the veggie. AND I finally got to eat my salad I had made yesterday, then didn't eat because dinner was done. Then I was too full for salad. :pig: Now I'm just full. :pig: :pig:

Tonight we are having butter chicken and papadoms with raita :yum:

Kylie,

I'm curious because you seem to have butter chicken quite a lot. Is it something you and your family love or is it just something simple and easy to prepare, makes a whole lot at once and you have leftovers or a combination of any of the above? If one of the reasons is that you and your family absolutely love it, can you share the recipe or do you already have it posted here somewhere? I Googled butter chicken and it seems it's one of those dishes that everyone has their own recipe and they can vary quite a bit in spicing.

As for last night's dinner, we had vegetarian Mexican spaghetti with a sauce made of roasted/peeled poblano chiles, toasted ground blanched almonds, garlic, fresh baby spinach, oregano, crema and heavy cream.

Last edited:
Hi Medtran :)

Yes, Butter Chicken is something that we love...we have eaten so many different varieties at Indian restaurants and pubs etc and we have cooked a variety of recipes ourselves at home, some good, some not so good and some were great!

You are right, there are so many different recipes for butter chicken and they all taste so different too

There are a 3 that we really love and only one we needed to tweak a bit to get it to our liking

Here are the 3 recipes

Butter Chicken 1

Butter Chicken 2

Butter Chicken 3

I hope you enjoy them, they all taste wonderful :)

...there are so many different recipes for butter chicken and they all taste so different too

Butter Chicken 1///////

Kylie, this one looks good to me! I picked up a jar of Garam Masala when Himself took me to Penzeys for my birthday last week. Think I'll give this one a try when the weather cools down. Spicy foods + hot weather make me feel hotter. :huh:

Ah yes, that is the first one we tried cooking at home and certainly one of our faves, you will love CG :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom