Dinner Wednesday 3rd of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I made roast chicken, potato salad and roasted pumpkin for hubby and Daniel. They finished the lot! I had toast with poached eggs and grilled tomato. Still can't face chicken lol! I had some pumpkin as a starter since I didn't want to miss out, good thing too since they cleared out the pots.

The plan to do wings on the grill was thwarted. I took two gas bottles to get them refilled and the store's equipment was down. So it's either wings done on the charcoal grill or pasta with pesto.

Given that the weather is still wet and a bit rainy. I think it'll be the pasta.

I already had a meatloaf sammie for lunch. Dinner is biggie chopped meatloaf tacos with shredded cabbage, radish, more onion, sour cream and a little salsa. It was the chopped tomatoes that were my un-doing. The corn tortillas got over crisped, so when they broke up-- tomatoes were everywhere. Not pretty and a little messy. However, I think I win the Rachel Ray Dinner in 30 Minutes or Less award.

We just got home last night from 5 days away. The larder is kind of bare and I had to work today so the food shopping will have to wait until tomorrow. I found a bag of seasoned wings in the freezer so they are baking along with some potatoes that need to get used before going bad. No veggies at the present. Will have to get some more at the store.

Work's been a bit crazy, and I still have residual car lag, so we had bacon, cuke and tomato sammiches again.

Grilled chicken apple sausages, yellow & orange bell peppers & onions, & potato & onion pierogies. Warm apple turnovers with vanilla ice cream.

I had such a big breakfast, lunch was plain yogurt, a fresh orange, and some almonds, so I just had an ounce of marble cheese for supper, carrots, kohlrabi, celery, radishes, and some more almonds. I was going to roast some chicken thighs, but wasn't all that hungry. This pigging out at breakfast really works re: cutting down one's appetite in the evening.

We had such a huge lunch of fish and chips (right by the water, complete with seagulls waiting for that fry to drop ;)) and then hot chocolates to warm up after a beautiful September (sunny but breezy) day! :)

So, all I had for dinner was some leftover rice and cacciatore sauce from Monday.

8052794257_b5ca302cbc_b.jpg

My adaptation of Beef Bourguignon. . . NO Mushrooms ( I don't care for them), didn't have Pearl Onions so I caramelized my own Maui Sweets . I used Diced Tomatoes for some richness and filler, while everything stewed down. 1 Bottle of Cardinal Zinfandel, almost a quart of beef stock, dredged beet(Sirloin tips), all over Redskin Mashed Potatoes. The Garlic and rosemary were enough to where the potatoes were just a substrate for all of the richness.

LP, that sounds like a lovely time out and a great lunch :)

We had such a huge lunch of fish and chips (right by the water, complete with seagulls waiting for that fry to drop ;)) and then hot chocolates to warm up after a beautiful September (sunny but breezy) day! :)

Jab, hope you had a lovely time away :)

We just got home last night from 5 days away. The larder is kind of bare and I had to work today so the food shopping will have to wait until tomorrow. I found a bag of seasoned wings in the freezer so they are baking along with some potatoes that need to get used before going bad. No veggies at the present. Will have to get some more at the store.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom