Dinner Wednesday, 4-26-2017 ~ Did you cook or did you starve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We're eatin' good in our neighborhood...or at least in our domicile. I saw this dish, Buttermilk Roasted Chicken, on The Chew last week and decided to try it. It's dripping on the rack now. We'll have baked un-stuffing, roasted carrots, and steamed broccoli.

What's your supper plan?

CG, it's not fair to assume we're starving because we didn't post. Maybe some of us just don't want you to know what we're eating!

I, on the other hand, don't mind. We're having beef barley soup with mushrooms.

small chunk of dark chocolate.
spoon with 1/2 T peanut butter on it.
An herb, mushroom, and spice tonic.
Later...a piece of cheese.

A dear friend turned 50 today, so we're headed out to dinner with him, his girlfriend, and his parents. It's sort of an, um, "eclectic" place, so I have no idea what we'll get. It may be shrimp heads with coffee nibs or something like that. Who am I to judge.

We like to eat between 6-7 so it's a while till dinner time out west.

I have some meaty pork ribs cooking low and slow in an oven cooking bag and later I'll finish them out of the bag basted with sauce at high convection roasting. We'll have salad and chili beans for the SC.

CG, that looks like a tasty recipe. Let it know how it goes. Today on the Chew, I saw the bread pudding recipe and I'm still drooling thinking about it.

Shrimp fra diavolo, spinach and red bell pepper salad on the side. I made fresh spaghetti in the Philips pasta machine (wonderful device!).

Sometimes you wonder if the extra steps to build flavor are worth it, but this came out with a much more complex flavor than if you took some shortcuts. Mrs. T thinks it will stand up against any restaurant in town.

Shrimp Fra Diavolo (Spaghetti With Spicy Tomato Sauce) Recipe | Serious Eats

We're having leftover spaghetti with newly made garlic bread (love Tyler Florence's recipe!) and roasted asparagus sprinkled with balsamic vinegar.

I fired up the panini press, and made a ham, cheese and pickle panini. Just some kettle chips for a side.

CD

Kayelle (and everyone else), the chicken was very tasty. I will probably leave it in on 425 longer than a half-hour next time because the skin was too blonde. Will probably move it to a higher rack, too, for the lower temperature cook. But it was yummy and moist. Missed The Chew today, so I'll have to check that recipe out later.

CG, it's not fair to assume we're starving because we didn't post...
With the way we all cook around here, I really didn't think starvation was an option. However, I was listening to oldies earlier and had an earworm I was trying to fit a title to: The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" "starve" fit the meter better than "take-out". :LOL:

Kayelle (and everyone else), the chicken was very tasty. I will probably leave it in on 425 longer than a half-hour next time because the skin was too blonde. Will probably move it to a higher rack, too, for the lower temperature cook. But it was yummy and moist. Missed The Chew today, so I'll have to check that recipe out later.

:LOL:

Here's Clinton's bread pudding recipe from today on the "Chew", CG.

Obviously it's nothing but luscious carbs that has me drooling, but I'm so tempted to use the Panettone given to us at Christmas that's about to go out of date! Sounds logical to me. :rolleyes:
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe | The Chew - ABC.com

Last edited:
Shrimp fra diavolo, spinach and red bell pepper salad on the side. I made fresh spaghetti in the Philips pasta machine (wonderful device!).

Sometimes you wonder if the extra steps to build flavor are worth it, but this came out with a much more complex flavor than if you took some shortcuts. Mrs. T thinks it will stand up against any restaurant in town.

Shrimp Fra Diavolo (Spaghetti With Spicy Tomato Sauce) Recipe | Serious Eats

Just checked out that recipe 10 speed. It looks like a winner! Copied and pasted..thanks. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom