Dinner Wednesday, 5-27-2015 ~ Hump-day Hungries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent the day making Summer Vegetarian Lasagna, Quick Gnocchi with Lamb Ragu, Ginger Teriyaki Flank Steak, and another pasta dish with smoked chicken, peas, and fava beans. The sides for two of the dishes were salads I "contrived." We had lots of food left over. Since I'm not a big pasta fan, I passed on the pasta, brought home some of the teriyaki flank steak and a 4l Mayonnaise pail of salads. I ate salad topped with teriyaki flank steak. For the dressings on the salads I did a lime juice-lime zest-Persian Lime EVOO on one and the other one was with espresso vinegar, maple syrup, and EVOO. Both salads got a big thumbs' up and the
"recipes" will be in the meal kits in June. I put "recipes" in quotes because I wing making salads and find it ironic that one needs a recipe for a tossed salad at this time of year when fresh from the farm produce is available.

See? Now that is why I feel so small here :ROFLMAO:

Beef brisket slices, baked sweet potato mash (kind of soufflé-y), and maque choux with mirliton and corn.

I got my Penezy's spice order and they included a free jar of "Bangkok Blend". Has anyone else used this? I decided to sprinkle a couple of teaspoons onto some cut up chicken thighs, and later on I'll be doing my Chicken Adobo with coconut milk and spinach. I haven't decided yet if it will be over lo mein noodles or Jasmine rice.

How did you like the Bangkok Blend? I looked it up, and it sounds very good. :yum:

I had my first issue ever with Penzey's - the lid to my Arizona Dreaming jar broke after only the first couple of times opening it - the top of the lid separated from the threaded part. Not a huge biggie, but I'm going to mention that when I place my next order. If they send me a new empty jar, that would be good. :)

How did you like the Bangkok Blend? I looked it up, and it sounds very good. :yum:

I had my first issue ever with Penzey's - the lid to my Arizona Dreaming jar broke after only the first couple of times opening it - the top of the lid separated from the threaded part. Not a huge biggie, but I'm going to mention that when I place my next order. If they send me a new empty jar, that would be good. :)

As generous as they are I bet they send you a new full jar Cheryl.

I really like that Bangkok Blend for that recipe. I did some hunting about how to use it and came up with this..
Help me use my Penzey's Bangkok Blend!

See? Now that is why I feel so small here :ROFLMAO:
Calson, Wednesdays are the days I cook for the food photographer. It was a lot of prep and work, I was exhausted. I stick with something simple--salads when it is hot. Wednesday was a beastly hot day to be in the kitchen. Having a garden and a limited budget has helped me be more creative in the kitchen. And, I probably won't plant fava beans. Too much fussing to skin them.

As generous as they are I bet they send you a new full jar Cheryl.

I really like that Bangkok Blend for that recipe. I did some hunting about how to use it and came up with this..
Help me use my Penzey's Bangkok Blend!

That's what I thought too, Kay...they are very generous and want to keep their customers. I would be happy with another empty jar...happier still with a whole new filled up jar! :LOL:

Thanks for the link, will check it out. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom