Dinner Wednesday, 7-17-2019 ~ National Hot Dog Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's National Tattoo Day. Tattoos often tell a story. When I was grocery shopping yesterday, there was a young man shopping with his wife and absolutely adorable daughter. His right arm from his wrist to his elbow was nearly filled, mostly consisting of a wall of bricks. There was a fist breaking through the top of the wall. I asked him what his story was. He said "have you ever heard of Pink Floyd?" I shot him an "are you kidding?" look, then said yes, but I think there's more of a story there. He then decided to tell me that each of the bricks represented a foster home he had lived in. :cry: I looked at him with sympathy and said "and yet you seemed to have come out of it OK". He credited his wife and daughter. A true survivor.

Oh, dinner. :blush: It's also National Hot Dog Day, but I already had plans. Dinner tonight will be big salads and tuna melt sandwiches. Besides, it's a bit too rainy to send Himself out to grill, anyway, and lots of lightening is present, too. :ohmy: And we just lost power, too! :shock: :ermm: And we're back! Don't know for how long...

Severe thunderstorms over and around Boston are causing flight delays. SO was supposed to land at 7:00PM but delays have moved her eta to around 10:30PM.

So I’ll be making spaghetti ala Carbonara again tonight.

No hot dogs. I didn't know it was National Hot Dog Day. Steak and grilled corn on the cob tonight.

CD

It’s 103F heat index. No cooking. Chinese delivery for lunch. Dinner was Brie and blue cheese on stoned wheat crackers. Thunder storms in the forecast for later.

It’s 103F heat index. No cooking. Chinese delivery for lunch. Dinner was Brie and blue cheese on stoned wheat crackers. Thunder storms in the forecast for later.

Oh, don't be a wimp. :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.15.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.15.49 PM.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 167
Forecast was for thunderstorms around dinnertime, so no grilling tonight. Roasted pork tenderloin in the Breville, wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms in the Zoji, house salads.

A front off the coast is holding rain off from us this weekend, but it will be hot hot hot! If I didn't have medical and dental appointments this week, I wouldn't go outside at all! [emoji38]
Screenshot_20190717-185119_WeatherBug~2.jpg

I had some more tomato salad, plus some guacamole. I have a batch of tomatoes marinating with an olive pesto, but a friend that was going to come over to have that pasta with me opted out, due to a digestive discomfort. This is a guy that used to walk into my kitchen, and pop new peppers of mine, before asking about them. How times change...

I really want to make that ba'corn, but it's too hot to want to turn on the big oven and my cast iron skillet won't fit in the toaster oven.

I made Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles, but used wholegrain spaghetti instead of Chinese noodles. It's such a simple and tasty dish and great to have around. So, we had some of that and scrounged. Stirling had leftover pad thai and pad see ew. I had a toasted bagel. Half of it with butter and cream cheese, the other half with 'Nduja. That's a spreadable Italian salumi. We had never tried it before. It's pretty good. I suspect the flavour grows on you.

I tell you, when I make these "busy" salads it takes forever! Worth every tasty bite, though. I guess the tuna was good - Himself made a second sandwich. Last of the dill pickles from batch one. This week's batch is just about ready to be refrigerated.IMG_20190717_222244049.jpgIMG_20190717_222324490.jpg

Taxi, I'm curious how you make your Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles without soy
sauce?

For dinner, we traveled a whole mile down the road to our tiny airport where my Goddaughter has a cute restaurant with a view of the landing field. Prime rib with all the trimmings is the Wed. night special if you can get there before it sells out. The place was full, but we scored and it was just delicious. Nice evening with wine for me, and IPA beer for SC in this little town.

Last edited:
Taxi, I'm curious how you make your Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles without soy
sauce?

For dinner, we traveled a whole mile down the road to our tiny airport where my Goddaughter has a cute restaurant with a view of the landing field. Prime rib with all the trimmings is the Wed. night special if you can get there before it sells out. The place was full, but we scored and it was just delicious. Nice evening with wine for me, and IPA beer for SC in this little town.

Kayelle, Missus Dear Friend uses this instead of Soy Sauce
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Non-GMO-...edirectid=15634594227766958822410070302008005

I tried it, but … I'll stick with my Aloha Brand Shoyu thanks ;)
DSC01181.jpg

Back
Top Bottom