Dinner Wednesday, 7-8-2015 ~ Hey, good-lookin'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...whacha got cookin'? Here, it's nothing. Not that we won't eat, but that I have enough leftovers for...well, maybe the rest of the week? :whistling I did plan it that way though (honest!), so that I just might head to the basement and price garage sale items. Our table of plenty will have burgers, bratwurst, grilled chicken, pizza and ham. A bit of potato salad, the last of the bulgur mix, some rice. Of course, there will be salad. It's the only thing I have to make from scratch.

What's your dinner plan? Cooking, reheating, take-away, or just chillin'?

I'm defrosting a meal of pasta sauce with shredded short ribs to go over some pasta. A salad will round out the meal.

I made a lasagne, with a tomato basil salad ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1436377130.554228.jpg it was quite nice- but I've made better.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I'm going to grill that Ortega burger that I wanted yesterday. I think I'll make a small potato salad to go with it. :yum:

You've got just the ticket Cheryl. I was grasping at what to make as a side dish today. I have some misc veggies that will go nicely in a small Potato salad. Main dish is going to be a package of Johnsonville brats simmered in beer and onions, then grilled. Whole wheat hoagie buns and sauerkraut and mustard. Perfect. I can either refrigerate or freeze the extras for future meals.

We are having cauliflower fritters with a citrus/teriyaki dipping sauce, avocado and cucumber rolls, and panko encrusted onion rings, 'cos why not?

I'm in the mood to make a batch of my spaghetti meat sauce as I think I have everything I need on hand. There's no point in making just enough for a pasta dinner tonight. I better get going......my sweet SousChef will make it an easier adventure.

So anyway, it's Italian dinner at this house tonight. :chef::yum:

Nice pic of your lasagna and salad, cwtch! Looks fantastic. :yum:

Whisk, glad you were inspired by potato salad. I make it often in the summer, it's a no-fail side and will go great with your brats.

Nickee....OMGosh, what a great sounding meal! :ohmy::yum:

I went to the monthly Danish Club Luncheon. Four people didn't show up, so there were 16 sandwiches left over. I bought all of them, since no one else seemed interested. We had seven of them for supper along with some Heineken and some akvavit, Danish tradition.

Attachments

• IMG_20150708_194331.jpg
    IMG_20150708_194331.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20150708_194429.jpg
    IMG_20150708_194429.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20150708_194454.jpg
    IMG_20150708_194454.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 170
Yum

I'm in the mood to make a batch of my spaghetti meat sauce as I think I have everything I need on hand. There's no point in making just enough for a pasta dinner tonight. I better get going......my sweet SousChef will make it an easier adventure.

So anyway, it's Italian dinner at this house tonight. :chef::yum:
It was absolutely fantastic! The pasta was cooked al dente, and a side of Texas Toast garlic bread finished off the meal
P.S. Both the fresh pasta and the Texas Toast came from our local Dollar store.

Oh, looks good Taxy! You really scored being able buy all those leftovers and bring them home. :yum:

What a beautiful spread Taxi!!

One of the best things about our dinner tonight is I freezer bagged up enough meat spaghetti sauce for 5 more dinners. Gosh it was a really good batch. Since I always fly by the seat of my pants, some batches are better than others..just the way I roll. :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like my pasta sauce....and potato salad....and cole slaw....:LOL: Some batches are better than others, I do like you and just make and taste as I'm going. :) Glad it was one of those batches that turned out awesome, Kay....it sure is nice to have some pasta sauce to grab from the freezer. I need to make more, I'm almost out.

Thanks Cheryl and Kay. I do love me my Danish sandwiches. :pig:

I'm making some vanilla ice cream for dessert. I would hate to have that whipping cream go off before I made it.

taxy, those sandwiches are almost enough of a reason for me to get one of those Passport Cards. ;) So nice-looking and yummy! What more could one want?

Really enjoyed my Ortega burger this afternoon. :yum: I was only able to eat half, as it was ginormous. Especially with the potato salad. I'll make a sandwich tomorrow out of the rest of the meat, pepperjack cheese, and the Ortega chiles.
004.jpg

With only two big hamburger patties, there was extra room on the Weber that I didn't want to waste, so I grilled a tri tip, too. :yum:
011.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed my Ortega burger this afternoon. :yum: I was only able to eat half, as it was ginormous. Especially with the potato salad. I'll make a sandwich tomorrow out of the rest of the meat, pepperjack cheese, and the Ortega chiles.
View attachment 23099

With only two hamburger patties on the grill, there was extra room on the Weber that I didn't want to waste, so I grilled a tri tip, too. :yum:
View attachment 23100
That burger and tri tip look soooo good.

taxy, those sandwiches are almost enough of a reason for me to get one of those Passport Cards. ;) So nice-looking and yummy! What more could one want?
I don't know how good the sandwiches will be next month. The lady who has been making the sandwiches for at least 40 years turned 90 and is moving to Ontario to be near her kids. That was the last batch she made for us. :(

Next month is a bit of an experiment. We are letting the chefs at a private club try their luck making Danish sandwiches. I will probably Google some instructions and recipes for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom