Dinner Wednesday, 9-21-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Surprise! We're having leftovers. Found a good-sized serving of kielbasa and kraut while shuffling food around ahead of grocery shopping. I have my bangers and mash from Monday's impromptu going out. Salads to start...but not if I don't leave for the store soon! ?

What s'up at your placr?

img_1480923_0_7d238a1b749e60a00493744f33f4c89f.jpg

Breaded chicken with leftover stew and some corn.

The kitchen is closed, so it will be takeout tonight. We have an early morning flight to New Mexico where we'll rent a car and tour Santa Fe and Taos where we get to meet up with Beth! It's a part of the world we've never visited so we're really excited.
Happy cooking!

The kitchen is closed, so it will be takeout tonight. We have an early morning flight to New Mexico where we'll rent a car and tour Santa Fe and Taos where we get to meet up with Beth! It's a part of the world we've never visited so we're really excited.
Happy cooking!

Yeah!! You are almost on your way!

We are having some leftover chicken salad and a fresh quiche made with onions, garlic, swiss chard and green chiles from the garden, local eggs, fresh raw goats milk and Jarlsberg cheese.

Sauteed chicken tenders with a lemony herb sauce over orzo, broc. Herbs were fresh from the garden, along with fresh squeezed lemon. Big difference from dried herbs and bottled lemon juice.

I couldn't stand it. After seeing all that shrimp the other day, I decided to have garlic shrimp for supper tonight. Fortunately, there's still some great sales on shrimp and/or the store is desperate to get rid of them.

So that's what's thawing in the fridge right now.

I guess tomorrow I have to start cooking again. *sigh*

Happy cooking!

I'm so jealous K and Beth!
We LOVED Taos, if you get a chance, try Orlando's just outside of town. The best New Mexican food we've ever had. The housemade salsa was HOT but oh so good,,,DH said "...this so too hot for me really, but I can't stop eating it, it's so good..."

Oh, dinner tonight, that's right.... well, my plan is Chicken Brocolli Slaw Stir Fry over lo mein, but DH is not feeling very well, so that may change, we'll see...

We had stuffed green bell peppers tonight. Just sort of threw together some things I had on hand. The one pepper I used was HUGE so we didn't need much more, but still had some potato rolls left. Added some butter to them and iced tea and we were fine.

Happy cooking!

So cool! :cool: Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Yum yum yum everyone!

Tonight I made KL's crack cabbage slaw burger casserole. It's supposed to make enough for planned overs, but after I got through refilling my plate, there might be enough for a couple meager lunches. I made spiced marinated cherry tomato/ cucumbers too.

Thanks for all the nice wishes about our New Mexico trip. I sure don't expect to be following a strict low carb diet while there!! Whoo Hoo...it's my few days reward after a year on the program and boy am I excited!!
:zorro:

Dinner Update

Oh, dinner tonight, that's right.... well, my plan is Chicken Brocolli Slaw Stir Fry over lo mein, but DH is not feeling very well, so that may change, we'll see...

IMG_3024.jpg

Well, it came out looking delicious but MAN! That was NOT good.
The broccoli was SO tough. This is the second time now that I've bought Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw to use as stir fry and it's been horrid! VERY disappointing!

Back
Top Bottom