Dinner Wednesday 9th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have the shrimp! Choosing a burger over shrimp is just wrong :LOL:
I would give my left earlobe for shrimp right now!

Wow, Snip, I wish I'd seen this before I went to dinner! :ohmy: I would have had the shrimp just for you! :ROFLMAO: I wasn't very hungry, so I had one 50-cent taco and a side salad. With two glasses of wine, only $9.50! DH was disappointed, too. When I get the shrimp, I bring him the cole slaw :( I'll do better next week ;)

Wow, Snip, I wish I'd seen this before I went to dinner! :ohmy: I would have had the shrimp just for you! :ROFLMAO: I wasn't very hungry, so I had one 50-cent taco and a side salad. With two glasses of wine, only $9.50! DH was disappointed, too. When I get the shrimp, I bring him the cole slaw :( I'll do better next week ;)

Well you can't go wrong with tacos :yum:

I cooked up a pot of Zuppa Toscano soup tonight, and it was as delicious as I remembered. I used two cans of drained cannelloni beans instead of the potatoes, as I don't like the way cooked potatoes freeze, and there is leftover soup to freeze in baggies for lunches. Actually, I like the beans in it much better than the potatoes.

It was chop chae tonight. I always make way too much, because I like it leftover, cold or hot.

Sweet and sour chicken with jasmine rice

img_1227571_0_e6feb5dc9652824551a32654f1bc7f8f.jpg

After all the rain and wind we have had the last few days(especially yesterday). I felt a nice big pot of "Chili with beans" was in order. I started it when I was home on my lunch hour and finished it when I got home from work. It was pretty good and "hit the spot" ;)

I'll forgive you but only this once! Shrimp is a big luxury for us. I want details next time :LOL:

Tonight was a barbeque chicken sandwich on a baguette with melted cheddar and sliced sweet onion on top.

Grilled rack of lamb chops rubbed with garlic and rosemary, potato/fennel gratin topped with gruyere and swiss chard sauted quickly in just a bit of olive oil infused with garlic and red pepper flakes. It was so good and Craig grilled the rack to perfection.

Do tell, Claire........what is "chop Chae"?

It is stir fried clear noodles (I used rice noodles, but I thing bean threads is more authentic) with vegetables and, when I've ever had it, beef. It is a Korean dish, reminiscent of fried rice or Pad Thai (the Thai version of same). Developed a real taste for Korean food in Hawaii and miss it terribly, no Korean restaurants here. So, bought a cookbook and wing it on my own. You'll see many different spellings (my two cookbooks spell it differently) because it's a transliteration, so whoever is writing the cookbook (or menu) spells it how it sounds to them.

It is stir fried clear noodles (I used rice noodles, but I thing bean threads is more authentic) with vegetables and, when I've ever had it, beef. It is a Korean dish, reminiscent of fried rice or Pad Thai (the Thai version of same). Developed a real taste for Korean food in Hawaii and miss it terribly, no Korean restaurants here. So, bought a cookbook and wing it on my own. You'll see many different spellings (my two cookbooks spell it differently) because it's a transliteration, so whoever is writing the cookbook (or menu) spells it how it sounds to them.

Thanks Claire. I love anything noodle!

Just gorgeous as always MsM!! Talk about eat with one's eyes!

That looks lovely MM :)

Ms M, a big huge YUM!! :)

Thanks Claire. I love anything noodle!

Just gorgeous as always MsM!! Talk about eat with one's eyes!
Thank you all. I was very happy with the sauce this time. It was a nice sweet and sour balance. I used a table/soup spoon to measure this time NOT a measuring "tablespoon". The flavor was just right and just the right thickness.

msm, your cooking shows a real west coast flair--fresh, colorful, and so very inviting! and, your rice? never fails to make my mouth water. then, she tops it all with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds, ooh yes, yumm....:yum:
Thank you Vit. I also gave the rice a splash of toasted sesame oil and a few drops of (spicy hot) chili sesame oil after I took the picture.

BTW I am east coast born and bred.

Back
Top Bottom