Dinner Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
we cooked/consumed the same fish as yesterday, with chowder, too, today. the parm-crusted chateau taters were very dry. the leeks were great, i loved the hushpuppies, & sorta liked the skate. the bok choy was better than yesterday, really yummy!

we also cooked the root veggie puree. Chef added spices i didn't like.

I'm making a batch of pork meatballs. I'll use part of them tonight for Shōyu Ramen, adding soy sauce, black pepper, red pepper flakes, bok choy, onions, garlic and meatballs to packaged ramen noodle soup.

A childhood favourite: Pork sausages, boiled potatoes and cream corn with salad on the side. Plain old comfort food!

i love lasagna! awesome!

We're trying something new. The concept is still the same, layers of sauce, ricotta, noodles, etc. But we made a spicy marinara then in a separate pan mixed 3/4 lb burger and 1/4 lb mild Italian sausage and browned it with onions and garlic. Then, after the first layer of sauce and noodles goes sauce, then meat, then spiced ricotta mixture, then next layer and so on. Can't wait to try it!

SRL said:
I'm making a batch of pork meatballs. I'll use part of them tonight for Shōyu Ramen, adding soy sauce, black pepper, red pepper flakes, bok choy, onions, garlic and meatballs to packaged ramen noodle soup.

That sounds really good, I love Ramen noodles anyway, and pork meatballs to boot!

LPBeier said:
A childhood favourite: Pork sausages, boiled potatoes and cream corn with salad on the side. Plain old comfort food!

Man that sounds good too, I love sausage. I haven't had cream corn in a while, makes me drool thinkin' about it :)

Last edited:
I made a Mexican chicken spaghetti bake with a salad dressed with a nice creamy cilantro/lime dressing. Chocolate skinny cow for dessert!

Had wonderful Salmon baked in wine and old bay then glazed with brown sugar and mustard, and black beans garlic and spinach side.
C

chicken parmesan over wheat egg noodles
This was Mark's dinner
img_817770_0_f88023885ac3c02355f18a5af9fc24f3.jpg

This was my dinner. I used the baked chicken breast, sliced it and made a great salad... dressing was ranch.
img_817770_1_c3432f979b9c1f648f8d2ba1ef911226.jpg

img_817770_2_fda2dc2f6ce5ba83cb957496b1447b6a.jpg

Good combo, I'm not a big fan of black olives, but those flavors look great! What sauce is on the salmon and what soup is on the side?

hi, let's see..... the soup is bergen chowder with fried leeks & parsley.

the sauce was maltiase.

the olives were actually grapes. i didn't eat them, tried the skate, though.

the original plate was different. i'll post later if i make a note to.

This was Mark's dinner

This was my dinner. I used the baked chicken breast, sliced it and made a great salad... dressing was ranch.

Something weird happened with photobucket. I think I deleted some photos and it messed up my post. :rolleyes:

This was Mark's chicken parm dinner.
img_818355_0_6e9262ee7a5ecc0a816de5636d82f4e4.jpg

This was my dinner, using the baked chicken parm recipe... I just made it into a salad.
img_818355_1_0327f437bba87114769e35cba4159192.jpg

Back
Top Bottom