Dinner Wednesday August 27, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I can't believe no one started this thread...or maybe I missed it or today is a fasting day for DCers?

Dinner was grilled sirloin steak from Conrad, the grass-fed, free-range bull calf, and from the garden, corn on the cob, Swiss Chard, grilled zucchini topped with homemade salsa.

All I can say is...thank God for leftovers. I've been canning and playing in food all day today and I'm nearly sick of dealing with food.

We're going to have the remainder of the rigatoni I made yesterday, along with a nice big bowl of steamed Italian green beans that didn't make it into the canner, iced tea and a nice big slice of zucchini cake for dessert.

All I can say is...thank God for leftovers. I've been canning and playing in food all day today and I'm nearly sick of dealing with food.

We're going to have the remainder of the rigatoni I made yesterday, along with a nice big bowl of steamed Italian green beans that didn't make it into the canner, iced tea and a nice big slice of zucchini cake for dessert.
I hear you, Katie. I started the a.m. seasoning beef for sausage (that has to be done Friday--have to work tomorrow), a batch of salsa, prepping cucumbers for another batch of bread and butter pickles. All that before noon. Then my car died--suspect it is the fuel filter. I was glad that dinner was easy and didn't involve anything fancy or complicated. There was a reason my mother served steak once a week.

We drove to Cape Cod today to visit with friends I've known since I was ten. They live on the Cape. We sat in a state park and enjoyed a perfect day catching up on each other's events. Then we adjourned to a seafood place for lobster rolls and a fried clam plate.

As a result of this summer gluttony, SO was not hungry for dinner so when her son called and offered to bring us Popeye's chicken for dinner, I said yes.

Himself ran up to the town's little Polish grocery store and got a loop of really good smoked kielbasa. He grilled it while I fried up a pan of pierogi, along with a sliced onion for him. Good ethnic food. :yum:

I made a pot of split pea soup this morning with some smoked pork neck bones I found in the freezer, so had a big bowl of that for dinner with a small side salad.

We so enjoyed our little pizzas we had last night, I had to do a repeat performance!

we went down the shore today and ate here: Home - Bum Rogers Crabhouse

we started with littlenecks in herb broth, then blue point oysters. it was the first time my boy ever tried raw oysters and he loved them. they were very fresh, clean, and sweet.

next up my boy had seared ahi; dw had a steamed lobster platter; and i had a dish called "the jersey thing". sort of a jersey version of a new england clam bake. a steamed whole lobster (it was a very sweet soft shell), and a half dozen each of garlic shrimp and garlic crabs. and corn and red bliss spuds.

dessert was a molten chocolate lave cake.

everything was great. gonna have to buy some oysters soon.

That does sound good! :yum: Your little man is quite an adventurous eater for such a young age, bucky. Good for him!

it was a good way to wind down the summer, dawg. school starts next week.

cheryl, you wouldn't believe what he'll eat, especially fish: sea urchin sushi, mackerel in oil, rollmopse, smoked whitefish, fried salmon skin, etc..

for meats, he wants to try buffalo tongue and liver this weekend.

my wife and i are adventurous eaters, so i guess he just thinks it's normal. the trick is not to make a big deal about anything until after he's tried it.

Lordy bt, that sounds like a perfect meal. Except for the raw oysters. I don't fight Himself for those. Sorry, but they make me think of sinus drainage...:D

it was a good way to wind down the summer, dawg. school starts next week.

cheryl, you wouldn't believe what he'll eat, especially fish: sea urchin sushi, mackerel in oil, rollmopse, smoked whitefish, fried salmon skin, etc..

for meats, he wants to try buffalo tongue and liver this weekend.

my wife and i are adventurous eaters, so i guess he just thinks it's normal. the trick is not to make a big deal about anything until after he's tried it.

You're so right Bucky to be exposing him to adventure eating. That's the way I was raised also and it was just normal for me. I remember being sent to grade school with a sliced tongue sandwich and the kids just freaking out. :LOL: I was pretty smug thinking they didn't know what I knew. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom