Dinner, Wednesday August 27th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I think I get to cook tonight... just got to figure out what hubby can eat that wont make his tooth hurt!

Enlighten me with your grubb for tonight!

Well, the last of the gift dinners tonight - my BF brought chicken enchiladas which I just have to cover with cheese and put in the oven. She also brought salad and for dessert fresh blueberries from her garden and rice krispie squares made by her 11 year old son, one of my favourite people in the whole wide world!

It has been a real eye opener in how the people in my life, and here on DC have rallied around me during my time of need. I am totally blessed.

Bourbon....
Paneed Chicken Breast...
Some sort of Lemon/Wine/Butter/Chicken stock/Caper Sauce.........
Fresh garden veggies on the side. ....
Chocolate Ice Cream..........

(Miss Laurie...I'm glad I figured out BF means "best friend"..not "boy friend":LOL:)

Tonight will be grilled burgers w/asiago cheese on toasted marble rye bread, sweet corn (on cob) and sliced tomatoes/swt onions.

Still no fridge. Waiting on a part...a large part! Bugs me since it is three years old. Anyway take out again but this time with all the kids here. Blah. Not in the mood. Spent so much money on ice lately.

Here it is, almost 4 p.m. and I still haven't given it much thought. I have an over-abundance of tomatoes so I am leaning towards BLT or grilled cheese/tomato sandwiches.

if jake washes my dishes, i'll fix him leftover pulled pork sammiches. we were 'sposed to fix them last nite, 'cept we went to wendy's instead.

Im going to take a nice walk around town with the wife and a freind of ours.

Last night though i made something for lunch today that is south beach phase #1 for my mom.

I made scallops, shrimp and mussels in a tomato broth.

Sliced some peppers from the garden, and satueed added roasted garlic and chopped garlic some chopped tomatoes. added some clam juice. steamed the mussels and then removed. cooked the scallops for a bit added the shrimps put the mussels back and served.

it was awesome.

Ended up stopping at the grocery store after open house at school, grabbed hot dogs, chips, baked beans....
and what would this week be without.....
GRILLED YELLOW SQUASH

we had BBQ chicken wings and a pasta veggie concotion. I had some mac'n'cheese left over, opened a bag of California mix veggies and stirred them together. Baked it in the oven along with the wings.

I'm marinating a tri tip in red wine, garlic, and lots of fresh cracked black pepper to throw on the grill tonight. Also, baked potatoes, a salad with Bob's Big Boy bleu cheese dressing, and a few slices of no knead bread.

I can't believe what I spent on take out pizza tonight. Next time I am making my own. Fridge or no fridge.

very boring tonight because I had a HARRRRDDD DAY! ....brown rice with chicken breast strips, DD had a chicken sandwich with Pea crisps, and fruit bites....exciting huh!

Back
Top Bottom