Dinner, Wednesday August 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sirloin tips with noodles, yes it is a dinner, marie callenders i think.

got Popsicles for dessert.

babe:cool:

ps. it was boston market and it was disgusting. if that is what they serve in their stores, not wonder they are shutting down right and left. sirloin was tiny tiny tiny bits and overcooked and tough. egg noodles woefully al dente'. my crackers and butter were the only good thing about the whole meal.

burgers with pepper jack and fresh beefsteaks, green bean and potato salad with warm bacon dressing, corn on the cob, watermellon

I had the steak I was going to have last night, but it wasn't thawing quickly enough.... For something different, I made the shrooms and onions into a kinda gravy using butter & flour, soy sauce and beef broth, then dumped it onto the steak. Maybe a holdover thought from the chicken fried steak the other night with gravy :wacko: but it wasn't bad, even on a ribeye :ermm: Honest :LOL:

Attachments

• Aug 8 steak.jpg
    Aug 8 steak.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 192
Chinese take-out - Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce and Chicken and Broccoli.

dw made baked chicken breasts, nuked spuds, and a can of lesiuer peas while i ran up the block to the bakery for fresh semolina bread.

it was a good, basic dinner.

Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread. Also baking sons birthday cake for his 8th birthday tomorrow. He wants a NASCAR cake so lord help me I am trying to make one shaped like a car. He also really liked the bread bowl with dip I made a couple of days ago so I have to make that as well.
And wrap presents, decorate, do some laundry, clean.....

pacanis, what kind of a camera do you use?
I'm ticked at how gorgeous your photos of your meals are, now that's just not fair, and thanks for the pix, cause I wasn't this hungry before:wacko:
buckster, next time you're at the bakery, could you please pick me up some semolina flour, I think that's what's missing from my fresh pasta, that is only marginally good, okay, it stinks.:(

This camera is a Canon Sureshot something. Last years model because you could still get it with a viewfinder, which is very important to me for outside pics. It's just a point and shoot or whatever the phrase is. My "old" camera takes great closeups. Blows my new camera away. I think it has a special macro lens. It's a Sony Cyber something.... you can tell I just use them, I don't live and breath cameras, but I knew what they were when I bought them :LOL: The Sony is about 8 years old and the only reason I don't use it anymore is because of lag time.... I would get too hungry waiting for the pic to snap :LOL:

Thanks for the comp. I've finally gotten used to my new grill being nuclear hot and can cook a decent steak now without thinking, which is how I like to go through life anyway :wacko:

Pacanis, I like your comment about how we can tell that you don't live eat drink and sleep your camera. It's only for picture taking. I sat not long ago in the office of a certain buckster, hum, uh, Buckytom.
He showed me something he'd been working on fixing, his camera. There was a camera in a million pieces I think in a coffee cup. I said, "Bucky, that's why they sell new cameras. People don't fix things in 19 bazillion pieces when you can just buy a new one." I found that so funny to look at. He honestly wanted to fix that camera, hats off to the Buckster.................and to Pacanis for lovely dinner photos.:clap:

lol, lefse. i guess i'm a tinkerer. my dad had several watches that were expertly disassembled, and partially reassembled. :)

and - ahem, "honesty wanted to fix it?"...
i did get it working again, except the optics are out of focus from when it was dropped. :(

i just bought a new camera that takes excellent shots. a point and shoot that does fully atoumatic to fully manual. the sub-compact cameras, like the one i'm fixing, are too small for my hands. i didn't want or need a big slr, so i went for the canon powershot A720. it's an 8 megapixel camera with a 6x optical zoom.
the canon powershot A650 also got great reviews, at 12 megapixels (for $100 more), and i has a swivelling lcd display. i've found, using the swivel feature on my video camera, that kids love to pose for pictures when they can see themselves in the display.

Mines sitting here right now. It's the Powershot SD 800. Not sure why I was thinking sureshot...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom