Dinner? Wednesday, Dec 2, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
More freezer diving here. We are having elk roast, mashed potatoes and leftover turkey gravy and a bit of braised swiss chard.

What's happening at your place?

I'm about to shove a beer butt chicken into the oven, I know I've mentioned what a remarkable job my new oven does on the "convection roast" setting. I'll throw in a spud for the SC, and we'll have some green beans with bacon.

003.JPG

I made a Gumbo-ish type of soup the other day, but we decided to NOT have dinner, since we had such a big linner (late lunch/early dinner)...
so this is what's served at our table tonight.
Add two scoop rice, sprinkle with some sliced Green Onions and EAT!

I'm about to shove a beer butt chicken into the oven, I know I've mentioned what a remarkable job my new oven does on the "convection roast" setting. I'll throw in a spud for the SC, and we'll have some green beans with bacon.

wait a minute!
beer can chicken in the oven?
please share with me K, since we will be 'oven sisters' shortly... :stuart:

I'm in a funk today, so didn't have energy for making supper. I made nachos instead. Salsa counts as a vegi, right?

Ha! I love that kgirl.."oven sisters" soon. I know you know how to do a beer butt chicken, if not I'll tell you. I've been doing them in the oven for years, instead of the barbecue. They've always turned out well in the old gas oven, but the new one does them so much better on the setting I mentioned. I'll try to remember to take a picture when it's done.

I'm in a funk today, so didn't have energy for making supper. I made nachos instead. Salsa counts as a vegi, right?

That's what I had too, Taxy. A scoop of Greek yogurt for protein.

Lefttover dim sum, pork and shrimp, plus a salad with a ginger-based dressing Craig found.

Shrimp tacos. :yum: I tossed the shrimp in a mixture of a little olive oil and Penzey's Arizona Dreaming, and seared them on the indoor cast iron grill. Delicious.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 223
Looks wonderful Cheryl, great minds think alike, I used Arizona Dreaming and salt on my chicken too!!

Ha! I love that kgirl.."oven sisters" soon. I know you know how to do a beer butt chicken, if not I'll tell you. I've been doing them in the oven for years, instead of the barbecue. They've always turned out well in the old gas oven, but the new one does them so much better on the setting I mentioned. I'll try to remember to take a picture when it's done.

Here ya go Kgirl! This was a big six pound girl!

img_1446091_0_1cb4309b79c91d86c328bbf86570fc0c.jpg

I made a sauce with chopped onion, garlic, bell peppers and roasted tomatoes from the garden (frozen last summer and thawed), seasoned it with Mexican seasonings and simmered turkey in it. I cut the meat off the remaining legs and thigh and froze the bones to make stock later.

How did I end up with three legs? :wacko: Oh, yeah, I did parts this year, not a whole turkey :LOL: Served it all over rice with a spritz of lime juice and a dollop of sour cream.

I made a sauce with chopped onion, garlic, bell peppers and roasted tomatoes from the garden (frozen last summer and thawed), seasoned it with Mexican seasonings and simmered turkey in it. I cut the meat off the remaining legs and thigh and froze the bones to make stock later.

How did I end up with three legs? :wacko: Oh, yeah, I did parts this year, not a whole turkey :LOL: Served it all over rice with a spritz of lime juice and a dollop of sour cream.

Sounds delish GG!

I'm wondering how my six pound whole chicken tonight had two necks inside?
:LOL:

Nice catch, Kay! Yes, yes it is! Fixed.

Yummy looking grub, ladies!

Last edited:
Such nice-looking, home-cooked meals. I cheated a little, and sent Himself out for some fried cod. I pulled leftover homemade mac-and-cheese from the freezer, along with some thin green beans. I had some of the leftover roast beets while Himself colored his plate with some of my cranberry sauce.

Attachments

• 2015-12-02 21.23.57.jpg
    2015-12-02 21.23.57.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 211
Looks wonderful Cheryl, great minds think alike, I used Arizona Dreaming and salt on my chicken too!!

Here ya go Kgirl! This was a big six pound girl!

img_1446138_0_1cb4309b79c91d86c328bbf86570fc0c.jpg

OH MY GRAVYALL OVER MY TWO SCOOPS RICE (that's OMG! in my world)!
K, how did that bird NOT touch the top of the oven? That's HUGE! I don't think I've ever seen a chicken in the market that big before...where did you get that monster? How many meals do ya reckon you'll get?

Back
Top Bottom