I will be having Filipino chicken bbq for dinner. Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to try! :)
Pinoy Chicken BBQ | Fil-Am Food
Pinoy Chicken BBQ
* 1 kilo chicken (whole or cut in pieces)
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1 head garlic, minced
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons of calamansi juice or lemon juice
* 1/2 cup of sprite, 7up or beer
* 2 cups of tanglad (lemon grass) for whole chicken
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
* Marinate the chicken in soy sauce, calamansi juice (or lemon juice), minced garlic, chopped onions, soda or beer, sugar and pepper.
* Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
* Stuff the chicken cavity with tanglad (lemon grass) if to be grilled whole.
* Cook chicken on grill or in oven until golden brown
* To barbeque chicken that are cut into pieces, follow the same procedure above but omit stuffing the leg with lemon grass. Thread the chicken pieces on barbeque skewers and grill on live charcoal until cooked.
* To check if the meat is cooked, slice a small piece of meat off and if there are no juice running off the meat and there no reddish (blood) areas on the inside of the meat, the chicken is cooked.
* Enjoy this delicious chicken recipe with family and friends!