Dinner Wednesday December 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's on your table?

I'm going out to dinner with the condo association board of trustees. SO is doing Chinese take-out.

I'll be having pizza. I have discovered that Food Lion's store brand self-rising pizza is pretty good. The ones I got are 4-Cheese pizzas (I'm just cooking one of course!). I will add my own pepperoni and mushrooms to it. Hmmm, I just got to thinking, I'm not sure if we have any pepperoni. It may just be cheese and mushroom, or I will end up with beef chow mein instead. I don't want to open the freezer just to check on pepperoni (my feet are cold enough with our floor being so cold!), so I will decide when it is time to fix supper.

:)Barbara

at last, fried chicken livers, rice and some kind of veg. for dessert, lemon bars or half an éclair. cold no better but my appetite is just fine.

Half an eclair???? can u actually just eat half of an eclair?wow u have remarkable self control! plz gimme some of your self control too..i'm soooo bad at it...

We had vegetable basmati rice pilaf with curried mutton,onion,green onion and tomato salad,a browned butter cookie for dessert 4 me,others had more than one offcourse...

I haven't decided yet. Whatever it is, it will be HOT. Holy moly its cold and snowy out there!

Half an éclair???? can u actually just eat half of an éclair?wow u have remarkable self control! plz gimme some of your self control too..i'm soooo bad at it...

i had it for breakfast. but in light of super high blood sugar will probably not have the other half. actually i have very little self control. if it is here, i will eat it eventually.

I will be having Filipino chicken bbq for dinner. Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to try! :)

mmmmm ;)

chicken bbq.jpg

Pinoy Chicken BBQ | Fil-Am Food
Pinoy Chicken BBQ

Ingredients

* 1 kilo chicken (whole or cut in pieces)
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1 head garlic, minced
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons of calamansi juice or lemon juice
* 1/2 cup of sprite, 7up or beer
* 2 cups of tanglad (lemon grass) for whole chicken
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar

Instructions

* Marinate the chicken in soy sauce, calamansi juice (or lemon juice), minced garlic, chopped onions, soda or beer, sugar and pepper.
* Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
* Stuff the chicken cavity with tanglad (lemon grass) if to be grilled whole.
* Cook chicken on grill or in oven until golden brown

Notes/Tips

* To barbeque chicken that are cut into pieces, follow the same procedure above but omit stuffing the leg with lemon grass. Thread the chicken pieces on barbeque skewers and grill on live charcoal until cooked.
* To check if the meat is cooked, slice a small piece of meat off and if there are no juice running off the meat and there no reddish (blood) areas on the inside of the meat, the chicken is cooked.
* Enjoy this delicious chicken recipe with family and friends!

My DH will be making a Danish meatloaf that we call mock armadillo. It will be accompanied by roast potato wedges and rødkål.

I made grilled cheese sandwiches for dh and the kids. It's the day before payday so slim pickin's! Had grapes and sliced cucumbers alongside. It was actually kind of nice for dinner to be so low key, I was able to get some laundry done with the extra time I had.

Back
Top Bottom