Dinner, Wednesday July 19th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Whats everyone fixing? We're having Chicken Fajitas. I have the fixings marinating as I type. I'm using some of the ingredients from Carnivores recipe and adding a few of my own. I didn't measure anything I just added some of this and that. I'm going to let it marinate for awhile and then take a little out and cook it and see if my seasonings need to be adjusted before I cook the entire batch. I'm going to whip up another batch of that salsa I made the other day.....it didn't last long :) .

We're having Quail, green salad and green beans/ peas.
I've never had it, but, can't wait to try it out.

We are having Kanga burgers at David's request.
I'm just going to cook them like reg. hamburgers with all the fixings.

pdswife said:
We are having Kanga burgers at David's request.
I'm just going to cook them like reg. hamburgers with all the fixings.

What are Kanga burgers............Kangaroo??????? Please tell me it isn't so!

Tex.....I've never had quail. Maybe as a kid but just don't remember it. In the bird family I've only had chicken, turkey and cornish hens.

Been braising short ribs for the past few hours. I'll finish em on the grill with some lime juice,hoisin, ginger and garlic sauce. I think some snap peas and basmati on the side, and a nice cold adult beverage.

By the way, it's our 20th anniversary. Kim's going to grill some Mahi Mahi, and I'll make dill sauce and baked potatoes to go with. I have some fresh green beans, but we may just have some Le Seur peas tonight.

SizzlininIN said:
What are Kanga burgers............Kangaroo??????? Please tell me it isn't so!

Tex.....I've never had quail. Maybe as a kid but just don't remember it. In the bird family I've only had chicken, turkey and cornish hens.

Sorry Sizz.. it is kangaroo.
A new treat for us. :)

pdswife said:
Sorry Sizz.. it is kangaroo.
A new treat for us. :)

:ohmy: ......sorry but that is something I just couldn't do. Had I grown up eating it probably but not now. I am trying new things but certain things I just know I couldn't swallow. :sick: . You can have my share.

It's ok. I don't have a problem trying most things but I understand that the thought of eating cute animals is hard.

For me it's animals that I know that I'd never be able to eat.
One of our chickens has become very very mean. It attacks all the other chickens, the cat and yesterday it even bit me hard enough to draw blood.
Paul says he's going to kill it next week. I don't think I'll be able to eat dinner that night....

I cannot motivate myself to cook anything

After spending an entire day in a hot kitchen at work, I cannot bring myself to do anything except ready the coffe pot for tomorrow morning.

DiAmici's is delivering eqqplant parm and chicken piccata.

This is embarrassing.

pdswife said:
It's ok. I don't have a problem trying most things but I understand that the thought of eating cute animals is hard.

For me it's animals that I know that I'd never be able to eat.
One of our chickens has become very very mean. It attacks all the other chickens, the cat and yesterday it even bit me hard enough to draw blood.
Paul says he's going to kill it next week. I don't think I'll be able to eat dinner that night....

Oh I could eat the lil bugger....no problem with chickens anymore.

Side note: My brother Russ raised a rabbit and it bit my oldest brother Greg one day....well later on that day Russ came home and was struck by the wonderful aroma in the house and he asked the Greg what it was and he replied, "Rabbit". Well they sat down and devoured it all. Russ said, "That was good rabbit where'd it come from". Greg replied, "Out in your rabbit cage". He about hurled. We still laugh at that one. One of many pranks Greg has performed throughout his life.

VeraBlue said:
After spending an entire day in a hot kitchen at work, I cannot bring myself to do anything except ready the coffe pot for tomorrow morning.

DiAmici's is delivering eqqplant parm and chicken piccata.

This is embarrassing.

Endulge and don't be embarrassed at all. Everyone orders out!

Cold chicken and brown rice salad, garlic bread/toast, cold glass of milk, a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips...........or two..............and after we cool off.........a nip of whisky...........ahhhhhhhhhh..............

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom