Dinner Wednesday, June 12, 2019 ~ National Jerky Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Among many other "days", today is know as National Jerky Day. Why? Because Jack Links Beef Jerky declared it to be so in 2012. IMO, it's just another day that some business wants to declare its day - but I think they're just jerking us around. :D

We're having fresh beef today. I'm making patty melts (on seeded rye with Jarlsberg cheese) and roasted potato wedges. Probably not a salad, but relish tray selections instead.

What's plating up at your place?

Grilled NY Strip, Air Fries, Tomatoes, Okra & some Leftie Corn...

View attachment 35167

View attachment 35168

OMG
27696-albums1090-picture8010.gif

I made a batch of imitation crab pasta salad yesterday, so we'll have that along with fresh garden salads and some more of the flatbread I made recently. .

Spike came by as usual for his nightly stay. Bless him. He stop at the Chinese restaurant next to the jewelry store and brought me home a large box of fried chicken wings. Nice big fat ones. I am not a fan at all for chicken breasts on any fowl. And chicken is not my most favorite meat to eat either. I would prefer to have a big bowl of spinach or other veggie. I have been getting the shakes for the past two days. My appetite seems to have completely disappeared. But when a person brings me food, I feel obligated to eat. So I ate until I stuffed myself. And most likely I will pick on what I left in the box during the night.

I have PT tomorrow and I certainly do not want them to see me shaking from not eating. Time for me to get back into the real world.

GG....I'm thinking 'leftie' corn is leftover corn, but I could be way wrong. LOL
-------------------------
I'm going to roast some red shrimp, not sure what will accompany it. As I type this, I'm thinking I'll just have shrimp cocktail and slice up some English cucumber and carrots. Sounds good on a hot day.

Last edited:
I'm doing Asian marinated chicken wings on the grill tonight with a basket of our marinated grilled veggies. Ahhh..good book, good music, "everyday good wine", in the fresh air equals a happy time cooking for me.

Don't lose the y, because then it would be jerk day. Can I join in? :chef:

I saw that it is loving day, and didn't realize what it meant until I followed the link. It took until 1967 for this to happen?

But, back to food. Mustard and bread crumb coated salmon steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, and I tossed some asparagus on the grill as well. So good.

Tonight we had burgers on the grill. Mine had tomato, onion, genoa salami and provolone cheese. The burger pattie was seasoned with adobo seasoning and dressed with Hellmann's. We also had grilled zucchini.

I made hot chicken sandwiches and served it with rainbow chard. We had a Spanish rosé with that. That really hit the spot. I'm very pleased to find a "dark green, leafy vegetable" that isn't too bitter to enjoy. I don't know about regular rainbow chard, because this stuff was fairly young.

Spike came by as usual for his nightly stay. Bless him. He stop at the Chinese restaurant next to the jewelry store and brought me home a large box of fried chicken wings. Nice big fat ones. I am not a fan at all for chicken breasts on any fowl. And chicken is not my most favorite meat to eat either. I would prefer to have a big bowl of spinach or other veggie. I have been getting the shakes for the past two days. My appetite seems to have completely disappeared. But when a person brings me food, I feel obligated to eat. So I ate until I stuffed myself. And most likely I will pick on what I left in the box during the night.

I have PT tomorrow and I certainly do not want them to see me shaking from not eating. Time for me to get back into the real world.

That was very kind of your son. I know I would be very grateful to him for doing his best to look out for you. The bottom line though, is it's up to you to care for yourself as well.

Last edited:
Curried rice, peas, water cress, onions, green pepper. Leftover ww crust, mushroom and pineapple pizza with no cheeze sauce.

dinner 6 12 2019.jpg
[Zippy's brand Chili, steamed Rice, Vienna Beef Franks
and homemade Mac Salad]

Hawaii-Style Chili Frank Plate
1 scoop Rice, 1 scoop Mac
OMG! :yum:
DH's surgery is tomorrow morning and he can't have
anything after midnight!
Local Comfort has been the order of the day!

Zippys breakfast portuguese sausage and fried rice.jpg
[Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Fried Rice]

Dessert later will be TJ's Belgian Chocolate Pudding
with Whipped Cream and chopped Pecans

Back
Top Bottom