Dinner Wednesday June 5/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a version of this recipe, but sort of worked with what I had....

From the photo in the link that dish looks absolutely stunning! If it tastes half as good as it looks it must be really special. :yum: However, when I looked at the ingredient list it filled the entire page of my notebook! I'm a "six ingredients or less" kinda girl most of the time. ;)

In our home we call it "lupper". Sounds like a strange fish. :LOL: Yours sounds like a different nationality. ;)

Actually, it could be "linner". They all sound like exotic fish. Or a law firm: Lupper, Linner, and Dunch, Attourneys at Law.

Yeah.... I REALLY like Bon Appetit recipes in general, but they seem to always call for a bajillion ingredients - and they are never the easy ones. For this one, it seemed reasonable to sub what I did for the sake of time and money. I mean, really, do I NEED dried raisins AND cranberries? Probably not. Do I really NEED to do the technique where they partially cook it and then steam the entire dish? Probably not. If I had more time, perhaps.

Anyhoo, I thought it was good and my wife liked it - WINNER!

WE had a Norman Van Aken chicken wing recipe, along with a sweet potato fry recipe of his. We also deep fried some cubes of leftover mac and cheese.:yum: Very, very nicey and spicy!

From the photo in the link that dish looks absolutely stunning! If it tastes half as good as it looks it must be really special. :yum: However, when I looked at the ingredient list it filled the entire page of my notebook! I'm a "six ingredients or less" kinda girl most of the time. ;)

Me too. Too many ingredients in a recipe is a deal breaker for me. If I got all those ingredients together my counter would be full and I would have no place to work. :angel:

Thanks for the recipe Jabbur. I 've made this casserole with crumbled sausage.

Tonight I made pan fried pork chop, baked tater w/ sour cream and pan fried frozen corn.

Too early? :LOL:

We're going to use the asparagus that I prepped for tonight and then forgot! We'll also have a spinach salad with the fresh spinach I got at the farmer's market the other day. As for the meat and starch, well...I'll think about that later.

I just finished Tuesday's dinner, so not too early at all ;)

I too am going to have the asparagus I've been shuffling around in the fridge.
And that's as far as I've gotten, too.

The plan is to grill some boneless chicken breasts, but life and plans don't always see eye-to-eye. Hmmm maybe I should pick up some asparagus and join the club. :LOL:

What gives? I have asparagus ready to go too! I bought it a week ago and finally got it cooked night before last. Taking some to work tomorrow.

I had Chicken Osaka for lunch, so I got to have Cheerios for supper and some sleepy time tea...

Me too. Too many ingredients in a recipe is a deal breaker for me. If I got all those ingredients together my counter would be full and I would have no place to work. :angel:

Too many ingredients and I lose track of them. If I portion them out into prep bowls there's too much to clean up. The fewer the ingredients the less confusion.

I am going to make the Hershey chocolate cake that we all love. I already have the measured out dry ingredients in a zippy bag. Just cream the butter and sugar and finish adding the dry ingredients and it will be in the cake pans in six minutes.

I have little snack zippy bags and they are great for measuring out the dry ingredients for the frosting. By measuring out all the dry ingredients ahead, I can make the cake whenever I feel like it. But the best part, very few ingredients.

For major meals when the kids were small, the pressure cooker was my best friend. In an hour I could have a Yankee Pot Roast on the table after we got home from church. I had the veggies all prepped the night before and in the fridge in water. :angel:

What gives? I have asparagus ready to go too! I bought it a week ago and finally got it cooked night before last. Taking some to work tomorrow.

It's fresh asparagus season! I've been getting it from the farmer's market and the vendor told me a week and a half ago that the season is almost over (they come up from North Carolina).

Last night I had dinner out with friends. On the first Wednesday, we're going to a different place than our usual dive. I had chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes and ... ta dum! ... asparagus! It was okay. I think the steak was a bit overcooked. It was dry and too crispy. Better luck next time!

If mama ain't happy....

If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

So much truth in this. :)

The stereotypical roles are a little reversed in our house. She actually does more of the handiman stuff. I HATE that kind of junk and she enjoys it. She hates cooking and I love it. My place is in my kitchen... and it is MY kitchen.

Too many ingredients and I lose track of them. If I portion them out into prep bowls there's too much to clean up. The fewer the ingredients the less confusion.

That's me too! And even with that there will be times I'm putting the dish in the oven and realize I left something out!

Back
Top Bottom