"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenM View Post
Yeah.... I REALLY like Bon Appetit recipes in general...Anyhoo, I thought it was good and my wife liked it - WINNER!
As a wife I'll say that's all that counts! If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Me too. Too many ingredients in a recipe is a deal breaker for me. If I got all those ingredients together my counter would be full and I would have no place to work.
Too many ingredients and I lose track of them. If I portion them out into prep bowls there's too much to clean up. The fewer the ingredients the less confusion.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

I am going to make the Hershey chocolate cake that we all love. I already have the measured out dry ingredients in a zippy bag. Just cream the butter and sugar and finish adding the dry ingredients and it will be in the cake pans in six minutes.

I have little snack zippy bags and they are great for measuring out the dry ingredients for the frosting. By measuring out all the dry ingredients ahead, I can make the cake whenever I feel like it. But the best part, very few ingredients.

For major meals when the kids were small, the pressure cooker was my best friend. In an hour I could have a Yankee Pot Roast on the table after we got home from church. I had the veggies all prepped the night before and in the fridge in water.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

What gives? I have asparagus ready to go too! I bought it a week ago and finally got it cooked night before last. Taking some to work tomorrow.
It's fresh asparagus season! I've been getting it from the farmer's market and the vendor told me a week and a half ago that the season is almost over (they come up from North Carolina).

Last night I had dinner out with friends. On the first Wednesday, we're going to a different place than our usual dive. I had chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes and ... ta dum! ... asparagus! It was okay. I think the steak was a bit overcooked. It was dry and too crispy. Better luck next time!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #35
Assistant Cook

If mama ain't happy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
So much truth in this. :)

The stereotypical roles are a little reversed in our house. She actually does more of the handiman stuff. I HATE that kind of junk and she enjoys it. She hates cooking and I love it. My place is in my kitchen... and it is MY kitchen.

BenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Too many ingredients and I lose track of them. If I portion them out into prep bowls there's too much to clean up. The fewer the ingredients the less confusion.
That's me too! And even with that there will be times I'm putting the dish in the oven and realize I left something out!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:39 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am going to make the Hershey chocolate cake that we all love.
Sounds good Ads

Tags
dinner