Dinner Wednesday June 5/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Too early? :LOL:

We're going to use the asparagus that I prepped for tonight and then forgot! We'll also have a spinach salad with the fresh spinach I got at the farmer's market the other day. As for the meat and starch, well...I'll think about that later.

We're going to use the asparagus that I prepped for tonight and then forgot! We'll also have a spinach salad with the fresh spinach I got at the farmer's market the other day. As for the meat and starch, well...I'll think about that later.

I just finished Tuesday's dinner, so not too early at all ;)

I too am going to have the asparagus I've been shuffling around in the fridge.
And that's as far as I've gotten, too.

Nope. Yup. Not too early. I just finished tuesday dinner too. I regained membership in the clean plate club. No leftovers. Well, plenty of ice cream, but that doesn't count. Too soon to think about dinner manana until manana.

Still have the ground beef in the fridge. Guess it will be something with that. I may make my hamburger stuffing and salads. I got some peaches, strawberries and blueberries that I may slice up into a fruit salad for dessert.

In about 5 hours we will be having our dinner for Wednesday night :-p

We are having a beef mince pasta with some sundried tomatoes and mushrooms thrown in YUM!! :yum:

Never too early ;)

Oh and I am also going to make some garlic bread to go with our pasta using ciabatta loaf :)

Jabbur -- what is hamburger stuffing. Is it like a meatloaf or patties? Please share your method and a few ingredients, if possible. Thanks.

Still have the ground beef in the fridge. Guess it will be something with that. I may make my hamburger stuffing and salads. I got some peaches, strawberries and blueberries that I may slice up into a fruit salad for dessert.

All sounds lovely to me Jab, what time's dinner, I am sure I can make it :)

The plan is to grill some boneless chicken breasts, but life and plans don't always see eye-to-eye. Hmmm maybe I should pick up some asparagus and join the club. :LOL:

Jabbur -- what is hamburger stuffing. Is it like a meatloaf or patties? Please share your method and a few ingredients, if possible. Thanks.

1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg Pepperidge farms cubed stuffing
4 cans cream of ... soups (I use onion, celery, cheese and chicken)
Milk

Brown beef (You can add diced onion if you want but I often omit since I hate dicing)

Mix 4 cans soup with 4 cans milk, add stuffing and beef
Salt and pepper to taste (You won't need much salt with the canned soups)
Stir to mix well

Pour into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with Pam

Bake 350°f for 30-45 mins.

It's a quick casserole for us. I often have bags of already browned beef in the freezer and can throw this together in minutes.

jabbur, that looks great, thanks! Himself and I would probably like it. I'll have to make a point of getting a bag of stuffing. I always make mine from bread at home.

Resting the foot a little so we'll probably use one of my emergency foods in the freezer - Barber stuffed chicken breasts. Veggie up the leftover brown rice. I'll use up the last of the broccoli and head lettuce since I'm going to hobble my way through the grocery store tomorrow. Company comes Friday and I want a full 'fridge. My "adopted son" has been hiking the Appalachian Trail and I bet he can pack it in just like our own son.

I think I'll be wrapping that asparagus in bacon and grilling some tonight. Maybe a couple small grilled potatoes, too. I wish I had a pork chop to throw on the grill, but I think I'm out.

Chicken and tater tots. I bought the tater tots to try wrapping them in bacon and smoking them.

jabbur, that looks great, thanks! Himself and I would probably like it. I'll have to make a point of getting a bag of stuffing. I always make mine from bread at home.

The good thing about the Pepperidge Farms stuffing is it uses different breads and has some seasoning already. I've also used storebrand stuffing if it's the cubed. I've made it in a pinch with the crumbs but we prefer the cubes. It looks nicer on the plate even though they taste the same.

Quasi Emerald Rice

I did a version of this recipe, but sort of worked with what I had.

First, I halved it.

Second, I skipped the roasting of the nuts. I used already cooked nuts and just slivered the almonds and shelled the pistachios.

For fruit, I only used 1/4 cup cranberries.

I did not have saffron or cardamom.

Instead of adding a water saffron mixture, I used a water Cayenne mixture.

Instead of steaming the rice in the pot, I fully cooked the rice and treated it a little more like a fried rice in that I completed the nut mixture and rice separately. Then, I added a little olive oil to a pan, recooked the rice and added the nut mixture.

We had fresh salmon cooked in browned butter, creamed spinach that was "creamed" with the last of the Mascarpone cheese that was begging to be used, baked potatoes, iced tea and fresh banana cake with cream cheese icing. Yep, we're full.

We ended up having Dunch. Too late for lunch, too early for dinner. Our niece, her BF and his mom swung our way after traveling cross country on their way back East, so we took them to one of our fave Mexican places. They loved it. I ordered the wrong number combo from what I wanted, but it was good anyway.

OK, final menu.

Beef stroganoff with egg noodles
Steamed asparagus tossed with chile garlic flakes (I LOVE this stuff)
Spinach salad - farm fresh spinach sprinkled with cayenne and onion powder, then I added sunflower seeds, crunched up ramen noodles, cherry tomatoes, green onions and cucumber. Tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette...delicious. My favorite part of the meal.

Back
Top Bottom