"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Dh has been working so hard today on a part of the house he was getting ready to repaint and found some rot, so he has taken out the side and redoing it. He will need something substantial so I will make either steak or tillapia and use the rest of our crop of spinach in a salad. The spinach was beginning to bolt so we pulled it up. I don't know what else we will have - perhaps some roast potatoes and probably strawberries and cookies for dessert.

Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Alix
Something fast. We're running again tonight to ball...unless the skies open again. It poured buckets last night about 4pm and a tornado touched down a few miles west of us. Crazy weather.

I'm thinking something with ground beef. Maybe tacos or taco salad.
love rain, am jealous it's 59 here today which is unheard of. I had to wrap up this morning for the MRI, it was that cool.
say can I ask a favor of you?
would you mind stopping by that super huge market across the street from the Cedar Park Best Western hotel and pick me up every color of lentils they have there in the bulk section? thanks, I knew it wouldn't be a bother

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #13
Sous Chef
Tonight I'm going to saute up some veggies and make a butter wine (or something) type sauce for pasta.people may also have leftover beans from yesterday.
It's laisez-faire, I don't even give a care.
Let's make Friday part of the weekend and give every new baby a chocolate eclair.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
thinking of having meat pies,cream corn (or green beans)and potatoes(maybe mashed)~
babyhuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #15
Head Chef
frying up some center cut pork chops now ...
have some corn and stuffing to go with it ...
i need to restock my daddys sauce ...
love2"Q" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We had crock-pot pork roast with a sauce made of cinnamon, cloves, vinegar, tomato sauce, and peaches.

It was wonderful. The house smelled great while it was cooking.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #17
Head Chef
I took the suggestions in mylegsbig topic and made a roasted tomatoe, garlic, rigotoni, shrimp, king crab, and fresh spinache all mixed together with goat cheese dish.

It was like eating a wonderful creamy seafood pasta dish at a special restaurant.
My Blog
legend_018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #18
Master Chef
Last night I lightly sauteed a pound of shelled extra-large shrimp in some extra-virgin olive oil & put a layer of them in 2 individual oval casserole dishes. I then topped them with a mixture of claw crabmeat, chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs, fresh lemon juice, sauteed diced red & green bell peppers, & a couple of scallions. Topped that with another layer of shrimp & some more grated Parmesan & baked in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. Served with a big green salad.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote