"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Me, myself, and I had a debate about (a) pork hocks and (b) corned brisket at the grocery store
Those sound suspiciously like my very own me, myself and I at the grocery store! haha

I bought some lovely asparagus yesterday so it's going into my risotto ... mise en place all set up but I have yet to stand still long enough to cook it up! I better go get my chicken stock to simmering now.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
Executive Chef

We had centre cut pork chops on the bbq, with Macaroni-tomato casserole, assorted cold veggies....

Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Boneless center cut chops, laced with lots of Penzy's Bavarian seasoning (herbs, and mustard seed) cooked on the grill, roasted broccoli, and rice cooked with garlic and chicken broth.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
Head Chef

Chicken Noodle soup with crackers.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Woo Hoo........Husband is cooking tonight so I'm banned from the kitchen.

"Crispy Noodle Cake with Shrimp and Snow Peas"
WOW, I'll gladly get out of the kitchen anytime he says. This was delicious!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Do you think he'll share his recipe?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

That looks good Kayelle. And I just bought some shrimp yesterday. I'd like to see a recipe of what he did, too.

I was going to grill some chicken thighs yesterday, but then I got to thinking if I was grilling them, or cooking them using a grill... and then I realized that it was neither, because my grill is an abomination only fit for boiling water and heating CI skillets... so I had leftovers instead.

Really I just didn't feel like cooking supper. DST always throws my eating off a little bit. Not to metion the cookies I ate coming home from the grocery store
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
Master Chef

Z and Pac. I'm sorry but I think this recipe will be his secret. I found his hand written recipe in the kitchen this morning after he left the house, and his handwriting looks like my doctors writing on a prescription.
I can make out some of it, but not enough. After his wife died, he really got into Asian cooking and he has a binder full of hand written recipes he brought to this marriage. The details of the recipes, complete with time lines, would only be written by an Engineer.......so opposite from my cooking style. I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner (he always does that for me when I cook) and I think he used more stuff than I do for three or four meals. As much as I enjoyed him cooking for me, I hate cleaning up the mess, so I'm looking forward to being the head chef again.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner