Dinner, Wednesday May 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted to do something easy. So I made Cobb salads with store-bought rotisserie chicken, bacon, avocado, tomato, egg and blue cheese. And I made a tomato vinaigrette using balsamic vinegar, V-8 juice, olive oil, and italian seasoning.

I took out 2 boneless chickenbreasts this morning to defrost but wasn't sure what to do with them. Then I saw a post by Mama in the 'Where did your latest cooking inspiration come from" thread.

I think I'm going to pound em flat, make a coating with bread crumbs, fresh oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and garlic. Do the flour/egg/breading dip and fry them in some EVOO. Then serve them over pasta with sauce and some shreadded Asiago, Parmesian cheese, and oregano on top.

Here's a pic. It turned out really good.

Attachments

• ItalianChickenNPasta.jpg
    ItalianChickenNPasta.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Hey Jeff and Uncle B, have you ever tried your bourbon over ice cream? I know, you may say a waste of a good drink but it is actually pretty tasty!

Yes I have tried it. It's a variation of Bourbon and milk.. That used to be quite a popular drink, in some areas it still is..

Well, the roast beef never happened, in any form so we had breakfast instead - pancakes, hashbrowns, poached eggs (the guys, not me, noooooooooo way!), and bacon. Can't wait for a piece of chocolate tart.....or maybe pear. Maybe I should just have a piece of each :pig:.

Well, the roast beef never happened, in any form so we had breakfast instead - pancakes, hashbrowns, poached eggs (the guys, not me, noooooooooo way!), and bacon.

Now you can sleep in tomorrow.:ROFLMAO:

Buck and I had to go to "election school" this afternoon and I spent the greater part of the day finishing a window treatment for a customer. Good thing there's almost a whole chicken and some potatoes left from Sunday, which was awesome. Will warm those up and have some orange (cake mix) cookies for dessert I made early this morning.

DW got her US Citizenship today, so we went to Chili's and ate way too much (they serve huge portions there!). So, fed the kids the left overs LOL.

I had a ton of leftover pasta from chicken parm on tues, so I ended up making Ol Blue's Baked Taco Pasta. Good Stuff!

Congratulations to Mrs. Mav!!!! That is wonderful news and a great reason to celebrate!

Thanks!

But so you know, Americas gain was Canada's loss (she was born in Toronto)!
:-p

But if you ask the Canadian consulate, they will tell you she is still a Canadian citizen in their eyes, as are my kids... Just not me!:dry:

Anyway, been a long time coming and we are happy it is completed now!

Back
Top Bottom