Dinner, Wednesday May 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, this hasn't started yet?

I am doing a beef roast with mashed potatoes, carrots, gravy and yorkshire pudding. We will have some of the leftover tartes from last night for dessert.

I was going to start it but I thought that would be silly when I have no clue.
Still don't. Maybe tacos.... or Ol Blue's taco bake......
Maybe meatloaf?
Apparently I should take out some hamburger...... :)

Salmon loaf with mustard sauce, baked taters and steamed asparagus. Sliced mango for dessert. My BF is cycling tonight with his group, so I'll actually have leftovers for tomorrow.:)

Since I still have half of the citrus chicken (under a brick, that I froze), - the "game" plan is to slice the chicken & incorporate it into a chicken panzanella salad with foccacia bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, sliced avocados & whatever else I can toss together. Blueberry pie with Haagen-Dazs frozen vanilla yogurt on top for dessert.

Last edited:
somthing with chicken.....I don't know i go grocery shopping tommorrow so tonight there's not much to choose from...

Every month or two I get in a cooking frenzy. Everything I make is aimed at going into the freezer for those days when I'm short of time or don't want to cook. I have cooked for five hours straight. Every pot and pan is dirty.

Along the way I tasted everything. I'm full, I'm tired, and I have a really messy kitchen to clean, although I tried to clean along the way.

So tonight it's a cold roast beef sandwich, maybe some raw carrots.

Not terribly motivated to cook tonight, but I suppose I can manage pork chops and something or other with it.

Okay, my MacGuyver thread got me thinking and I have changed the beef roast with trimmings to beef dip! Salad and potato wedges as sides.

Hey Jeff and Uncle B, have you ever tried your bourbon over ice cream? I know, you may say a waste of a good drink but it is actually pretty tasty!

I have only had it with homemade vanilla myself!

I kinda thought vanilla would be the "cream" of choice....

Really the idea is not that unusal...Lot's of folks down here drink Bourbon Milk Punch...Lots of recipes... It's Mainly Bourbon, cream/milk/1/2 &1/2/ice cream, etc. some type of sweetner, a dash of nutmeg etc...Then there is Eggnog!!:clap:

Ribeye Stroganoff with mushrooms over hand mashed garlic taters.
Rosemary shallot early peas on the side.

Need to use up the last eggplant, so it's eggplant Parm (again) with a side of s'getti and homemade garlic toast. Open a can of bartlett pears for dessert with a little cream on them. Nothing fancy.

Back
Top Bottom