Dinner Wednesday, Nov 12th...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I'm up early.... starting the dinner thread.

My mind really does not care what I'm having for dinner today, so I'll get back to you on that!!!

So what do our DC'ers want for dinner this eveing????

Top Chef starts tonight, so we're not getting fancy.

Leftover pea soup and freshly made Pizza will be easy and tasty. (It's COLD here!)

I came to this thread looking for inspiration. I have no idea what to cook tonight. I may order out.

Venison roast (which spent yesterday in the slow cooker for 8 hours) with a mushroom,brandy sauce, brown rice and lentils cooked in the venison stock from yesterday and spinach,onion and sweet peppers in a yoghurt sauce. Thought DH deserved a home cooked meal this week :)

Mushroom Stroganoff with homemade meatballs over egg noodles.
Probably classic green beans with bacon and onions for the side.

Nothing fancy tonight. I just threw in some diced chicken into cheezy rice-a-roni and served it along with a cesar salad, corn on the cob, and green beans.

Comfort food on a rainy, windy, miserable day.

Meatloaf, baked taters and broccoli. I might make a fruit crisp for dessert with apples and berries.

We had a sort of lamb stir fry. I had three minted lamb chops & four people eating. So chopped up the chops and fried with onion. Add some chopped canned tomatoes to make a sauce. Served with cheesy mash and carrots.

Uuh, dinner..... it was supposed to be tacos. I even picked up an "extra" lb of burger at the butcher's so I wouldn't have to thaw one of the packages I picked up. Went to the PO, went to the bank, got home, put the stuff away, and right then realized I had used my last brick of cheddar up on those nachos Sunday.... I'm not quite sure how pepperjack would work and I'm not quite sure I want to find out.
But, I suppose if I have to make a beer run I can make a cheese run, too.

Pepperjack is great on Nachos!
I usually do 1/2 cheddar 1/2 PJ tho....

Anyway I have chili that only DH ate last night, it was done too late after my bean fiasco....
So I will make cornbread and try to eat some chili.... I just took the last pan of my double batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies out of the oven, and I must say I'm quite stuffed!!!!!

I have some elk sirloins thawing..... that is about as far as I have gotten.

Uuh, dinner..... it was supposed to be tacos. I even picked up an "extra" lb of burger at the butcher's so I wouldn't have to thaw one of the packages I picked up. Went to the PO, went to the bank, got home, put the stuff away, and right then realized I had used my last brick of cheddar up on those nachos Sunday.... I'm not quite sure how pepperjack would work and I'm not quite sure I want to find out.
But, I suppose if I have to make a beer run I can make a cheese run, too.
we use pepper jack for tacos all the time ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom