Dinners a Deux: Tuesday March 11 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Whether it is just for today, enough for today and another meal, reconnoiter a make-over with yesterday's dinner or plating up enough for everyone's dinner plate, Today is a day for sharing.

Today we are having grilled top sirloin, grilled and sliced. I bought a pretty good size steak yesterday, Couldn't tell the difference between their grass fed tenderloin the ribeyes. No discernible fat for miles. I chose sirloin as I Like its flavor best and I chose enough for sharing. Thick slices of planked grilled potato alongside with garlic and fresh rosemary and sweet potato halves 'nuked then finish on the grill. Romaine salad with a few baby tomatoes, olives, sliced cukes and a Springy type vinaigrette ( the same as my winter vinaigrette, with lemon, grated parm and just bought fresh garlic. That'll put hair on her chest or make her smile or something. New carton of Breyer's chocolate Ice Cream. Wait, that'll put a smile on her face.

She teaches/leads a senior citizen low impact exercise group mid week afternoons. I walked her dog over to my house, so the dog got her afternoon exercise already and we'll be set to go. Her class is easy, it's chasing everyone home as they have all day and want to stay after and talk. I'm all set to light the coals whenever.

Last edited:
Taco Tuesday here. I am using turkey meat (finally getting used to a very low-fat diet) and made corn tortillas this morning for the first time! I usually get them from a local market, but it is much nicer making them! :)

I will also whip up some guacamole as well.

Deux is right, as basically I am making two dinners.
I took out some of the spaghetti sauce to thaw to put on some pasta with asparagus on the side. Then I decided to take out some pork loins, also. I'll do a picatta type thing with those.

I put a little rump roast and stuff in the CP. It may end up being Taco Tuesday here too, as the roast probably won't be ready when we get hungry.

My mom is here and is taking me out to dinner. I think we'll go to our local Mexican place. I like their salsa and guacamole. I'm planning to get chicken fajitas; I can never eat all of it, so DH will have the leftovers when he gets home. He's working late tonight.

Hope you all are not nauseated by my routine.

For breakfast I eat the leftovers from the day before. In this case the spaghetti & meatballs. A new dish is usually made for lunch. Sometimes I eat the 2nd portion for supper or if I'm a good girl it will be tomorrows breakfast.

In actual fact, today was out around lunch time so went to a St Hubert BBQ Chicken and ate too much - wings, fries, coleslaw and wine. Supper tonight will probably be popcorn (which would be really healthy IF I don't add the butter... which, of course, I will!!)

One of the reasons I eat "hearty meals" early in the day is it helps me from putting on weight! Can't always stick to this routine but I try.

I had to go pick up my laptops from the computer repair store where the new one was getting the data transferred from the old one and the old one was getting a hard drive repair. A couple doors down is our favorite local Italian restaurant. I went there first and ordered a calzone, a pizza and salad to go. Picked up the 'puters then picked up the food. It was wonderful!

Broke out the big boy, 15" cast iron pan to make fried
39817-albums371-picture5863.jpg
chicken.

Last edited:
Tonight was a mushroom omelet and a chunky antipasto style salad.

Maybe it was a mushroom omelette, who knows. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Tonight was a mushroom omelet and a chunky antipasto style salad.

Maybe it was a mushroom omelette, who knows. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For all we know you had scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Depending on how the fold went :LOL:

I made dinner a trois. SO and I had pork fried rice tonight and there's enough for lunch for me. I think SO really liked it. She went back for seconds!

I have a Broccoli Chicken Divan casserole in the oven. An easy and low maintenance meal. I'm enjoying some edamame hummus and carrot sticks for an appetizer.

I ended up having a taco salad and TB had tacos. He said my tortillas were great. He must have liked the meat and fixings too because he polished off all the leftovers because I put them into containers then he threw them all together and ate them :ROFLMAO:

My big grocery store had Angus petite sirloin on sale. I bought a couple smaller ones, which I seared in the CI pan then finished off in a hot oven. I had already put a pan of cauliflower and my CI griddle with smashed and seasoned red potatoes (Penseys Greek Seasoning - thanks for the recommend pac, it was yummy!) in the oven. Started the meal off with a baby greens salad with bacon, mushrooms, black olives, chopped egg, tomato and shredded mozz cheese.

Back
Top Bottom